PDA

View Full Version : New song - collaboration with spikemullings

jopatius
12-10-2016, 03:06 PM
I started to work on this song back in 2011. The chord progression kind of inspired me, but I got stuck with the melody. Or not stuck - I wrote at least 5 different melodies with different lyrics to it, and tried several different singers and styles - not working like it should.

Then for one version I asked for help with the bass from here, Reaper forum, hoping for a groovy bass, something like the guy from Chic would play ;-) Spike replied, and then the bass was definitely right (this was sometime in 2012) but still the package as a whole was not.

I went back to this song on a regular basis - it is difficult for me to quit. Sometime during the last summer I told Spike that now it is coming - well it did not. Now during the past few weeks I threw the cheezy acoustic midi-drums out of it and replaced them with minimalistic EDM & was able to convince myself that now this makes sense as a song and it is time for me to release it and move forward.

The hearing on my left ear is getting worse - I can't hear any cymbals with it anymore - and I had to mix this with headphones only as I'm in the middle of re-building my stereo-amps - so I'm not sure at all if I got the basics in the mix right.

How does it work for you? Here's the link:
https://youtu.be/ISpBSOLGYCU