PDA

View Full Version : Slate Trigger 2 platinum crashing REAPER

Thepinkfreud
02-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Hey guys! I'm looking for feedback from anyone who may have had a crashing issue with Slate Trigger 2 or has previously experienced the problem and resolved it.
I did recent have a ticket into Slate drums but they were not able to resolve it.
What's irritating is that they have suggested that the issue may be Reaper.
Ill all for suggestions towards a solution but I have hundreds of plugins including the "Everything bundle" from Slate digital and have never had an issue with any of them crashing Reaper upon instantiating except Trigger 2.
Thoughts?

henge1
02-02-2017, 05:30 AM
Hey guys! I'm looking for feedback from anyone who may have had a crashing issue with Slate Trigger 2 or has previously experienced the problem and resolved it.
I did recent have a ticket into Slate drums but they were not able to resolve it.
What's irritating is that they have suggested that the issue may be Reaper.
Ill all for suggestions towards a solution but I have hundreds of plugins including the "Everything bundle" from Slate digital and have never had an issue with any of them crashing Reaper upon instantiating except Trigger 2.
Thoughts?

Man that's too bad! Never had a problem with trigger here. I know it doesn't solve anything for you but it may suggest that reaper isn't the problem...

Thepinkfreud
02-02-2017, 07:09 AM
Man that's too bad! Never had a problem with trigger here. I know it doesn't solve anything for you but it may suggest that reaper isn't the problem...
Yup, its a real pain. I noticed it crashes my soundcard. I tried ASIO FOR ALL to test if it didnt like my soundcard but it still crashed. Total bummer

Heb
02-06-2017, 02:56 AM
Do you use any control surface? I'm using an Artist mix and Trigger constantly crashed Reaper until I did a custom mapping of it excluding all parameters but the critical ones. There a boatload of parameters in that plugin and that seems to crash Reaper.
It hasn't been an issue since I made the custom mapping.

GaryNorthants
06-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Just removed my control surfaces and Trigger stopped crashing on opening. Thanks for the tip

Thepinkfreud
11-23-2017, 09:27 AM
A year later I gave Trigger 2 platinum another go and it crashed again upon opening. Lol.
I had slate look into this a year ago but they couldn't come up with any answers so I checked this thread and removed my control surface and Trigger stopped crashing! My question is, how to get my control surface (nektar panorama) and trigger to peacefully co-exist?

Heb
11-27-2017, 12:08 AM
I'm using an Artist Mix, Geoff Waddingtons excellent mapper makes it easy to exclude a lot of parameters from being used on the control surface. If your controller has something similar you could try that. If it does not I'm afraid there is little that can be done to solve the issue.

markblasco
07-22-2018, 11:09 PM
Do you use any control surface? I'm using an Artist mix and Trigger constantly crashed Reaper until I did a custom mapping of it excluding all parameters but the critical ones. There a boatload of parameters in that plugin and that seems to crash Reaper.
It hasn't been an issue since I made the custom mapping.

Herb, care to elaborate on this? I'm using an Avid Artist Mix, and Trigger 2 is crashing my sessions. I don't understand the custom mapping well enough to understand exactly what you're talking about, and what I need to do in order to fix this. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!