PDA

View Full Version : Reaper and API 1608 Automation compatibility

Tendies
07-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Hello! I am looking to see if someone else has had success in getting the automation working on a 1608 console. It's partially working here. The hardware faders are moving together in groups when both groups 938B faders are engaged. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice?

Thanks!

zappsunzorn
07-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the forums!

I do not have experience with the 1608 (but I would not mind if I did).

It seems to use the HUI protocol. This link might help if you have the same issues.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=174125

I hope my message at least bumps your post and someone that knows more about the 1608 or the reaper SDK can chime in.

Tendies
07-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the forums!

I do not have experience with the 1608 (but I would not mind if I did).

It seems to use the HUI protocol. This link might help if you have the same issues.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=174125

I hope my message at least bumps your post and someone that knows more about the 1608 or the reaper SDK can chime in.

Thanks. It seems support is a bit spotty for this particular desk. :/

Tendies
07-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Bumpasaurus Rex!

LugNut
07-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Hi,
If it uses the hui protocol then the link from above is the place to go. I wrote a project in bomes midi translator pro that does bidirectional conversion from to hui/MCU...MCU is what klinkes is based on.
Good luck.

LugNut
07-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Hi,
Well at 63,000 dollars I guess you could hire me to hook it up:-) holy crap.

LugNut
07-18-2017, 02:11 PM
Hi,
The hui protocol calls for 8 faders per midi port. For 16 fader operation you would need to have 2 hui csurfs in preferences/ control surfaces with the second one having an offset of 9 I believe.
That's with the stock hui reaper csurf extension.
The klinke extension is based on MCP ..Mackie control protocol. It goes much deeper with reaper, such as plug in editing...nested folders..the stock hui does the basics tho.
I used bomes mtp as an "interpreter" between my hui speaking board and klinke/reaper.
That's all I got, and good luck with that awesome piece of gear.