PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Trigger 2 and SSD4

origringo
08-28-2017, 06:07 AM
I'm fairly new to Reaper, mainly a Pro Tools user, but I am learning to use the software as I am considering a full time change.

When I install Slate Trigger 2 and SSDSampler, the only versions Reaper sees are the x86 versions. It can't seem to find the x64 versions of the VSTs. I have tripled checked the folders, cleared cache and rescanned, uninstalled and reinstalled, the basics. Is there anyone who could give me some guidance?

Getting the x86 versions is OK I guess, but i'm trying to keep as much 64bit as possible.

Thank you!

EpicSounds
08-28-2017, 11:46 AM
check that the order of your vst folders is 64-bit first. I've heard that can make a difference.
Then clear cache and rescan.

slipstick
08-28-2017, 12:08 PM
If you want it to prefer 64bit then 64bit folder should be LAST in the path as described in Preferences:
"If multiple VSTs are scanned with the same name, only one will be available: either the plug-in found later in the path list, or highest in the directory structure for a given path"

Steve

origringo
08-28-2017, 01:59 PM
If you want it to prefer 64bit then 64bit folder should be LAST in the path as described in Preferences:
"If multiple VSTs are scanned with the same name, only one will be available: either the plug-in found later in the path list, or highest in the directory structure for a given path"

Steve

Hm, weird. I did see that when I was troubleshooting and the x86 folder was listed first. I'm just going to remove it altogether for now and rescan. Will report back. Thanks for the replies.

origringo
08-29-2017, 06:53 AM

Steve

So how I solved the problem was:

Remove the 32bit folder completely, clear cache and rescan. It still did not show up.
Added the folder with Trigger 2 and SSD LAST in the order listed (it was previously first) and rescanned. This time it picked it up. All other plugins in that folder were getting picked up no matter what order. Kind of an interesting issue. Thanks for your help.

J