PDA

View Full Version : Import and server questions

BassPlayer
08-09-2006, 12:39 PM
First off. Thank you for NINJAM. I'm addicted! I would even pay a subscription for such a thing but I really love that it's for free and that there are many different types of players that show up.

I also have a few questions:

1. Not that I dislike reaper it's a very cool app. It's just that I paid more money for Sonar and am already used to it. Is there an equivilent process to importing jams into Sonar? If not what exactly do I need to ask Cakewalk to support.

2. What are the bandwith requirements to run a server? Do you have stats on a monthly basis?

3. Is the registration/authentication system working on the server? If I do run a server I would like to limmit it to registered users of my collab site. Can it use an external auth mechanisim like ldap or mysql?

BassPlayer
08-12-2006, 12:08 AM
First off. Thank you for NINJAM. I'm addicted! I would even pay a subscription for such a thing but I really love that it's for free and that there are many different types of players that show up.

I also have a few questions:

1. Not that I dislike reaper it's a very cool app. It's just that I paid more money for Sonar and am already used to it. Is there an equivilent process to importing jams into Sonar? If not what exactly do I need to ask Cakewalk to support.

2. What are the bandwith requirements to run a server? Do you have stats on a monthly basis?

3. Is the registration/authentication system working on the server? If I do run a server I would like to limmit it to registered users of my collab site. Can it use an external auth mechanisim like ldap or mysql?

Hellooooooooooooo?

FingerSoup
08-12-2006, 06:30 AM
There is a program "Cliplogcvt" that will convert your Jams to other formats. Read the following message on this board:

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218

It's even got a sample command line. It'll create Vegas, Audacity and concatenated WAV files for you...

As for your second Question, the server requirements are listed on the Download Page (http://www.ninjam.com/download.php) Quite clearly.

As for the registration process, I've never seen it functioning. AFAIK the Jam farms have always been anonymous - at least since I started using Ninjam about 4-6 months ago....

BassPlayer
08-13-2006, 12:30 AM
Thanks but I've used that program and while it for reaper I could not import using Sonar. So I'd like to ask CW how to import but you know the first questions are what the hell are those files. The thread you mentioned says:

Which will produce a EDL .txt file (which Vegas will open) a .lof file (which Audacity will open) (both of which have the start times for the wavs), and .wav files in concat\ in the jam directory.

Are there specs published for the file type exported. I guess I could look at the code butt was just asking first. I did find this on EDL formats

http://mixonline.com/internet/newformats/audio_fileformat_futures/index.html

But which one?

DOH I missed the server reqs on the DL page!

Still would like to know if the auth mechanisim works.

misterC
08-13-2006, 06:42 AM
The authentication worked for a little while when the jam farm first went online, but something happened to the registration page and no one could register, only those who were already registered could connect so he just allowed anonymous access.