PDA

View Full Version : Please help on how much to charge for a radio jingle!

aladeaire
07-01-2008, 08:52 PM
This is the first time I would be doing this, and I am researching on how to/how much charge for this.

I still need to discuss the needs with the client: duration, type of music (original, licensed) so, any general guideline would be valuable. This is going to be done in Mexico, for a local client, and I know most of you are not local, but anyway, any idea is welcomed!

thanks,
aladeaire

cbenci
07-01-2008, 11:35 PM
In my experience, charge what the market will take, but don't undersell yourself! The more proven experience and the bigger and better the show reel, the more you can command.

In Australia, we have an organisation called APRA. When you register, you register for the 'Royalty Pool'. You ask the radio/tv station for a broadcast schedule and submit it to APRA. Then, at the end of the year you get a royalty cheque. The more songs that are broadcast, the more royalties you get.

I don't know if this helps, but you may have a similar organisation in your country.

Make sure you spell out the terms of your license to the client as well. Will you give them unlimited use of the jingle? Just for this year or this marketing campaign?

aladeaire
07-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Thank you very much for your help!

aladeaire