PitchSlap
07-06-2008, 10:47 PM
v2.4pre7 - July 6 2008
+ scrub ballistics update (bleh)
+ fixed looped scrub/jog accuracy
+ action to rename last touch track
+ updated waveOut/midi device closing behavior
+ waveOut/KS/DS: if no input device found output is still opened
+ added confirmation when deleting tracks with delete key (action that deletes based on context)
+ new automatic worker thread behavior on OSX only

Tallisman
07-06-2008, 11:42 PM
it is actually a Jog quirk and, it actually sounds really cool... like a robo-effect.
regardless of zoom level my project will sound like it's warning Will Robinson, from 1.0.00 through 2.1.00, then it sounds great.

If I add a bar of empty space, the problem is solved.

.t

Bevosss
07-07-2008, 12:26 AM
This seems to be working in reverse on my system now (ie now I hold ctrl for scrub, last update I held ctrl for jog). Unchecked it's the opposite.

http://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/49877/10867174013-REAPER-Preferences.png

Kainer
07-07-2008, 12:31 AM
btw: is it possible to jog/scrub WHILE the song is playing?

Art Evans
07-07-2008, 12:54 AM
Accuracy of loop scrub (at -88 0) - well, using the single-sample click that I posted before, I start to hear the click when the cursor is one sample to the right of it, when zoomed in as far as Reaper will go. So, if I really wanted to do a sample accurate cut just before a click, I'd zoom in 100%, find the point using loop scrub, and move the cursor one sample to the left then cut.

I have no way of knowing but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the most accurate scrub on any DAW. Remarkable!

slops
07-07-2008, 06:42 AM
btw: is it possible to jog/scrub WHILE the song is playing?

i was wondering that too.
would be great for workflow if i didnt have to hit stop everytime i use scrub/jog....

sinkmusic
07-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi

I haven't been able to spot most of the new features of the forthcoming release, but when did the FR of having a "keylock" icon at the upper left of each clip came out ? What is the point with that ?

I opened an "old" project to work with it, and i found that this new feature makes a bit more of visual "bloat", and, to me at least, it is a feature i won't really use everyday...
So, before asking for it to be optionnal (in order to hide that uneeded icon if it is disabled in the preferences), I'd have liked to talk a bit about it, to know what people think about it and how it came up as a FR (i never rade about that).

CHheers !

schwa
07-07-2008, 09:26 AM
before asking for it to be optionnal

prefs->media->always show item lock button

shogger
07-07-2008, 09:56 AM
v2.4pre7 - July 6 2008
+ action to rename last touch track

Yeah! Wanted that more than one time, great.

Shogger

sinkmusic
07-07-2008, 10:26 AM
prefs->media->always show item lock button

yeeeee
schwa -> quickj reply -> done before asking -> efficiency

:)