PDA

View Full Version : ninjamcast won't connect with password

tomphoolery
04-24-2020, 02:42 PM
There seems to be an issue with the way `ninjamcast` parses configuration files. The username, in particular, gets a `^M` appended no matter what I do. This is OK for an anonymous stream, but it doesn't work when you try to authenticate to a real NINJAM user. I'm running the server and `ninjamcast` on Ubuntu 19.10. Is there any recourse or am I just making this an anonymous user?

akademie
04-24-2020, 03:21 PM
There seems to be an issue with the way `ninjamcast` parses configuration files. The username, in particular, gets a `^M` appended no matter what I do. This is OK for an anonymous stream, but it doesn't work when you try to authenticate to a real NINJAM user. I'm running the server and `ninjamcast` on Ubuntu 19.10. Is there any recourse or am I just making this an anonymous user?

Use another text editor to create the configuration file, it seems to be problem with the way how CR/LF are added.

I have the same ^M added at the end of each line in config file for ninjam server when prior edited that file in Windows. When edited in Linux, everything was OK then, no ^M added.

tomphoolery
04-25-2020, 11:50 PM
for some reason I had the CRLF setting in Vim all messed up on the server, so that's been fixed. thanks!

akademie
04-26-2020, 03:31 AM
for some reason I had the CRLF setting in Vim all messed up on the server, so that's been fixed. thanks!

Great, tomphoolery :D
You're welcome.