PDA

View Full Version : 2.45 pre6 Video Trouble

airon
08-20-2008, 12:56 PM
"View:Move cursor left to grid division" starts video playback

Quicktime DV video. Zoomed out I can click anywhere in to the timeline and the video follows. I zoom in, and past a certain point the video window turns black and never returns.

"View:Move cursor left/right to grid division" activates the scrub. Can this be changed with a setting ?

I need to seek single frames and scrub video for Reaper to make any headway in to dialog and effects editing, since those jobs rely on precise placement of all elements. Reaper can be used for sound design to some extent, where no precision seeking of video is involved, and for composing to some degree as well. Composing will require a timeframe seek grid in addition to free BPM speeds, so that's another basic necessity for those people.

Mercado_Negro
08-20-2008, 01:02 PM
"View:Move cursor left to grid division" starts video playback

Quicktime DV video. Zoomed out I can click anywhere in to the timeline and the video follows. I zoom in, and past a certain point the video window turns black and never returns.

Confirmed here...

plush2
03-11-2009, 08:51 PM
I've discovered a few interesting quirks regarding session tabs that I think relate to this bug.

1. if a video is loaded into one session tab the video window will stay open and the video will play back in sync with all open session tabs. Although this may be unintentional and a bug I think it is very cool and has some unique possibilities.

2. if the video is playing back from a tab other than the current one the user can zoom in all the way (and out, and in again...) without the 'black screen' video problem. Once again, unintentional I think but cool and useful for now.

Those of you interested in video and running 3 alpha 3 should check this out as I've only confirmed it on one machine so far. It works consistently for me but what with video codecs and directshow it could be an anomaly.

Exciting times coming for Reaper post users I think!