PDA

View Full Version : Master fader in its own window please

ottor
09-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Could the Master Fader be seperated from the track faders?

Two reasons...

1) I'm used to the Master being at the RH end of the mixer (a long standing industry convention), and
2) sometimes it's the only fader needed.

If it had its own window then users could choose where they want to put it...

regards,

otto

Art Evans
09-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Perhaps it could be made optional which end it appears. If you need it on its own, you can simply resize the window (if not docked).

alpoman
09-22-2006, 08:01 AM
what good exactly is the master fader? Disable it. Just add a track and assign it's ins and outs like a master - then you can move it wherever you want. I personally use 4 seperate master outputs: mains, monitors, and two different ear monitors. The routing of REAPER makes this easy and fun!

Andy

Spon
09-22-2006, 08:38 PM
what good exactly is the master fader? Disable it. Just add a track and assign it's ins and outs like a master - then you can move it wherever you want. I personally use 4 seperate master outputs: mains, monitors, and two different ear monitors. The routing of REAPER makes this easy and fun!

Andy

Well, you get that nifty "slow the whole song down" slider. And the peak/RMS meter. But yeah, there's no rule saying it has to be THE master. Or even A master.

And it is on the wrong end. How come no one mentioned this before?

Art Evans
09-22-2006, 08:45 PM
On a very wide screen I tend to have the mixer to the right of the waveforms, so the master coming first is handy. I guess having the end selectable would be ideal.