PDA

View Full Version : MONODY - Ceti Lullaby (Recessive mix by Entium) - Industrial

geo242
12-22-2008, 11:16 AM
I finally finished my remix of Ceti Lullaby using only Reaper. It's a lot different than my usual down tempo, mellow stuff. But I think it suits the song. Plus, I got to break out and dust off the guitars, and get some callous back on my fingers.

I am a long time Cubase user, so this is quite an adjustment. But not too bad. I think this one turned out pretty good.

Hope you enjoy it...

LISTEN HERE (http://www.monodyweb.com/media/audio/remixsubmissions/ceti%20lullaby%20recessive%20mix%20by%20entium.mp3 )

Let me know what you think. And if you are interested in doing your own remix of one of our tracks, remix packs are available on our website. (http://www.monodyweb.com)

Props to Daniel of Monody for doing the mastering.

hardplay
12-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Hey man vocals are great and the tune has that early british Synth pop taste i love so much, mix is good everything sounds good,first work with Reaper ? well done !!

henge
12-30-2008, 11:55 AM
For this style everything sounds right. Great job!

danielb
12-30-2008, 12:50 PM
That was stunning.

AlienInfix
12-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Your (the singer?) voice reminds me a little of the dude from Godsmack.

I dig the remix better than the original (on your site) just because it's more my style. The music itself is superb on both versions, as is the production.

In the remix I dig the guitar, its sound and the way it was mixed into the song. You approach both styles with excellent sense for what should go where. It's not a song I would write, but I'm amazed you guys wrote it.

I enjoyed listening to all the material on your site. This remix I replayed it several times, it rocks :)

p.s. I could almost hear a harmony on "the end of the day" line, like the upper third. But that's my remix, ha.

shemp
12-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Sounds great!

geo242
12-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks so much for all the kind words and for listening to our tunes. I am glad you all enjoyed it. I will be sure to post my stuff here in the future. :)

AlienInfix - I actually am the singer as well. I take the GodSmack comparison as a complement, even though I don't consider him a great vocalist, he does have a nice vocal sound.

Also, I am pretty sure that Dan, the other vocalist, sings that harmony you suggested when we play live. If he doesn't, I will suggest it because it's a great idea. Thanks!