PDA

View Full Version : Xenakios extensions...- Item property interpolator..., and a small feature request

Reflected
08-12-2009, 02:29 AM
'Item property interpolator' does this tool works?
It doesn't effect the audio signal to me... :/

Another thing, Xenakios, can you please make the windows of your extensions detached? so it will allow to click on things inside reaper while the extension window is open ?

Xenakios
08-12-2009, 02:57 AM
'Item property interpolator' does this tool works?
It doesn't effect the audio signal to me... :/

Another thing, Xenakios, can you please make the windows of your extensions detached? so it will allow to click on things inside reaper while the extension window is open ?

For the first question : Item property interpolator is for multiple selected items, eg. for doing progressive pans and pitch shifts on them. Choosing just one item first won't do anything different from just setting the item properties in the Reaper item properties dialog.

The second thing : So called non-modal windows unfortunately require different and often much more complicated code to do than the modal windows I often use for the extension actions. I do understand that it is desirable in terms of the user experience if all windows were non-modal, though. I won't probably however be changing those modal windows into non-modal before I've migrated the extension code to use a nice GUI/utility toolkit. That change should hopefully allow for more rich and polished GUIs for the extensions, as well as finally make the Mac OS-X port more easy to manage.

Reflected
08-12-2009, 07:27 AM
yea it could be useful, but not urgent.
thanks for the response.

Almost forgot to say that I love your extensions and I really appreciate your time and contribution.

I will try to make a donation in the future, no promises.
for you and sws.

cheers

Curvespace
01-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I just found the interpolator. Great tool - think I'm going to have fun with this one.

Just wanted to say thanks Xenakios. Nice job :)

musicbynumbers
01-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I'll say thanks again!

Love the interpolator for extreme percussional uses.

On his site somewhere is also the "audio processor" (or something like that) which can be added as well.

Still beta but great pitchbender like tool

Curvespace
01-02-2010, 04:20 PM
I'll say thanks again!

Love the interpolator for extreme percussional uses.

On his site somewhere is also the "audio processor" (or something like that) which can be added as well.

Still beta but great pitchbender like tool

Sweeeet. I'll have a play with that. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm loving the more experimental fringes of the REAPER community :)

terence
01-02-2010, 06:41 PM
For the first question : Item property interpolator is for multiple selected items, eg. for doing progressive pans and pitch shifts on them. Choosing just one item first won't do anything different from just setting the item properties in the Reaper item properties dialog.

hello.
i like your extensions.
the interpolator was tested a few times here but im unable to get it work.
after i hit the ok button what next step is required?
e.g. im selecting a bunch of duplicated items; (same track); open up the interpolator via main menu; select item volume; lower the green dot at the right to the bottom; hit ok; no change on any item.
(tested while playing and stoped. rendered and realtime. looped and un-looped material)

reaper (on winxp 32 sp2) and sws/xenakios -ext are newest version, both.

hopefully someone knows what im doing wrong. thanks in advance.

beatbybit
01-02-2010, 07:04 PM
http://www.jasonbrianmerrill.com/bbb/interpolator-001.png

enable it before you draw the curve.

does this help?

terence
01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
huh?! it was so obvious. i mean im using the tracklist everyday and its dots should have tell me something ;) . and such a fast help... happy new year, dude!

thanks again.

Malevol3nt
01-03-2010, 09:30 AM
The second thing : So called non-modal windows unfortunately require different and often much more complicated code to do than the modal windows I often use for the extension actions. I do understand that it is desirable in terms of the user experience if all windows were non-modal, though. I won't probably however be changing those modal windows into non-modal before I've migrated the extension code to use a nice GUI/utility toolkit. That change should hopefully allow for more rich and polished GUIs for the extensions, as well as finally make the Mac OS-X port more easy to manage.

On the other hand, making GUI's in Python is very easy. The built-in tkinter module has all the basics that are needed for a "standard" looking GUI, and the windows are non-modal. There's also a separate GUI editor that can build Python 2.6 code, but can easily be transfered to Python 3.x which is compatible with Reaper (all I had to do for a few experiments was change the name of the module thats imported). Unfortunately it's not maintained anymore (since 2007), so there are some quirks.

But that's python. I'm not sure if it could be combined with a C++ extension (well it could, but would it be worth it?)

Here's a quick dirty example:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2h4j57n.jpg

Python 3 does feature some more modern GUI elements with a Tix module, which I believe is a much more extended feature set of tkinter. But I haven't tried those yet. I'm still learning.

Anyway I thought you should know this, maybe it could be of some use.

Buy One
04-21-2020, 12:27 PM
http://www.jasonbrianmerrill.com/bbb/interpolator-001.png

enable it before you draw the curve.

does this help?

Unfortunately the image is no longer available. What should be enabled to get this working?

Xenakios
04-22-2020, 02:58 AM
Unfortunately the image is no longer available. What should be enabled to get this working?

None of the parameter curves are enabled by default, you need to enable at least one to get anything happening. (By clicking on the left side of the parameter name.)

https://i.imgur.com/K2eeiWu.gif

Looks like the enabled indicator has some bug at least on my system, I think it should show a little dot instead of the letter. I guess the code hasn't been checked on by anyone for a while...

Buy One
04-22-2020, 03:13 AM
Hi Xenakios

Thank you very much