PDA

View Full Version : Some VST feature requests

Paul Eye
03-02-2006, 08:41 AM
1. Selectable knob mode (circular or linear). I've become so used to working in linear mode that circular mode feels clumsy to work with. Of course, some plugins have linear mode as default (Kjaerhus Classic Series for example) but others don't (Tone2 BiFilter for example), and for some plugins the knob mode can't be set.
As it is up to the host to define which mode to use, It'd be nice to see this option in REAPER aswell.

2. Arm for record: FX parameters. Sure, parameters can be automated with envelopes, but often I want to do automation while the song is playing - to hear how it fits with the rest of the song. If there's currently a way to do this, tell me how :)

fluffy
03-02-2006, 08:54 AM
1. Selectable knob mode (circular or linear). I've become so used to working in linear mode that circular mode feels clumsy to work with. Of course, some plugins have linear mode as default (Kjaerhus Classic Series for example) but others don't (Tone2 BiFilter for example), and for some plugins the knob mode can't be set.
As it is up to the host to define which mode to use, It'd be nice to see this option in REAPER aswell.

This would be nice. Samplitude allows to "Use knobs as faders". They're really much easier to control linearly.