PDA

View Full Version : Fell

Xaake
01-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Ok, one more song, and yes I still insist on singing myself, even though I know I really should let someone else do it *s* The song is still rough and I'd like some comments on sounds and stuff (I especially don't know what to do with the electric guitar, it seems malplaced...

my myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/xaake

direct download
http://mp3download.myspace.com/music.ashx?bandid=135565924&songid=45174241&name=135565924_49b6babf

Alistair S
01-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Sometimes we can all be our own harshest critics. For me, your voice and the electric guitar are fine. I like the restraint.

Jason Brian Merrill
01-30-2007, 04:25 PM
starting off with some acoustic guitar here, would like to know how you miced it, perhaps with a dynamic?

i think vocals arent bad but are mixed a bit too loud and present, perhaps a little delay or verb --

your guitar sound is a bit thin, but not bad.

overall cool! Although it seems like its common, the melody line has some cool things about it!

thanks for sharing!

Xaake
01-31-2007, 12:55 AM
I am no writer (my brother got those genes), but I still try, that basically means that my songs are plain, maybe there are room for improvements, but basically I try to make up for it in other areas like production...

Anyways the acoustic guitar is thin cause I cut of the lower frequences to make room for the bas.

The guitar is recorded using a TSM MT87-mk2 running through a Arts Tube MP preamp. it is placed about 2 inches out from the 15:th fret of my Yamaha FGX 423-SG.

I generally donīt like too much reverb on anything. I have a little reverb on the mastertrack, and just a tiny bit more on the song track, but I'll experiment with it to see (maybe a short delay as suggested would be interesting too)

And listening to the song again now that I have distance to it, I hate the electic guitar, need to make a synth solo or something there, or add some dist guitar to the whole track...

Stringer
02-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I like your songs. I found the one in Swedish especially interesting. My grandparents came to the U.S. from Sweden in the late 1800's, so I am third generation. I can't understand much of your lyric's, but I like the song.

John