PDA

View Full Version : Winds of War

cerendir
06-16-2010, 03:11 PM
This (http://www.box.net/shared/lqmzsqhkvr) is my second (completed) orchestral piece made with REAPER. This one's pretty straightforward and decidedly non-classical, basically it's just a full-tilt Zimmeresque power piece. Arrangement-wise, I guess it's more like a rock song than an orchestral piece.

It's a little sloppy here and there but it was composed for the sole purpose of showcasing the potential of free samples, so ultra-realism wasn't really the main goal. :)

krahosk
06-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Nice melodic ideas and arragments. It does sound Hans-Zimmeresque. I imagine what you could do with commercial samples and if it weren't sloppy (though I don't hear it!). Thanks for sharing your composition!

zoso2
06-16-2010, 10:31 PM
what plugins did you use?

cerendir
06-17-2010, 04:57 AM
Nice melodic ideas and arragments. It does sound Hans-Zimmeresque. I imagine what you could do with commercial samples and if it weren't sloppy (though I don't hear it!). Thanks for sharing your composition!

Thanks krahosk!

what plugins did you use?

From the top of my head... sfz+, Reverberate LE (with a Bricasti M7 IR), ReaComp, KarmaFX Reverb (on the dumbec loop), and a bunch of ReaEQ instances. I think that's it.

Anton Farmer
06-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Nice work - keep at it!

Cheers
Anton