PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play fiddle?

cuzzinc
07-13-2010, 02:54 AM
My nephew and I recorded an Irish sounding song that I think could benifit from a little fiddle. I was wondering if anyone played fiddle and would be interested in playing on my tune.

Jeahvel
07-14-2010, 05:49 AM
Cuzzinc...

I'm keeping an eye on your post and keeping my fingers crossed for you... I too am curious to know if there are any fiddle players tinkering with Reaper.

Just remember the old joke as you wait...how many bluegrass musicians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Five...

One to screw it in and four to complain that it's electric.

Tedwood
07-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Cuzzinc...

I'm keeping an eye on your post and keeping my fingers crossed for you... I too am curious to know if there are any fiddle players tinkering with Reaper.

Just remember the old joke as you wait...how many bluegrass musicians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Five...

One to screw it in and four to complain that it's electric.

Interesting - I await the invention of the acoustic light bulb ;)

zoso2
07-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I have not picked up my fiddle for quite some time however i know a few people who play.

Fiddlinmike
07-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Found your fiddle player.

-fm

Doughboy
07-31-2010, 10:17 AM
I just have a hunch that Fiddlinmike plays the fiddle. Either that or he likes to fiddle with his mic....which would irritate the **** out of me....why would he be fiddling around with his mic all the time......I wouldn't use him for that reason....

Fiddlinmike
08-02-2010, 06:01 AM
I don't fiddle with the mic, once I find the spot!

I'd be happy to try a few fiddle tracks if it helps someone. I'm more of a progressive bluegrass, country fiddler, but I'll try old-time, or jazz, even irish. You can always pitch out my track if it doesn't suit.

I've got a couple tunes posted on myspace (Google "Susan Brown and Friends" and it will take you to that page), but I'm playing mandolin there - I'm a fiddler first, but the band needed mando more than fiddle on those tunes.

-fm