PDA

View Full Version : Proof that even an idiot can use Reaper

TrainedChimp
02-25-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm just posting this as a testiment to how easy Reaper is to use. I made these in no time at all. I am aware that I am not a great guitar player but this was just fun playin' around.

What a great deal Reaper is for the money.

My first two attempts at using Reaper:

http://www.fiberpipe.net/~sobert/music/Ok-123_v2.mp3

http://www.fiberpipe.net/~sobert/music/Let_it_snow.mp3

Thank you Cockos :-)

Jason Brian Merrill
02-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Listening to "let it snow"

cool guitar sound -- very "have a cigar" imo

neat riff... doesnt sound like the "let it snow" i know :)

tasteful and interesting lead parts...

now a chord changeup with a solo -- which is WAY too low... i can hardly hear it over here, you are gonna have to make it a bit louder to be heard.

what are you using for drums? Sounds decent!

ok, now a clean guitar comes in, its a bit louder than the lead, good thing too. Neat repeating lick.

This tune has a lot of groove, i could definetly picture sitting near the window ticked off about something watching snow fall and planning evil hehehehe

just kidding.

OK-123v2 --

boom!

nice kick...

nice rythym sound...

ouch the sound at 14 seconds is a little overbearing...

at least i can hear your lead a bit more in this one. I like it how it seems you value the groove and dont deviate for too long.

This one basically does the same thing over and over for me -- but its a cool groove nonetheless :)

got something a little different at 2:35 again anotehr tasteful riff to the groove...

cool work, keep it up :) add to it !

Count Bassie
02-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I also liked that one- the cycling back to sections is great. You keep coming back "Home" to that riff, and building on it, which makes for an enjoyable experience. And I agree about the very simple, clean part that comes in louder than the rest of the song.

Neat stuff.

TrainedChimp
02-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback/pointers.

I guess the point to my post was that Reaper is so easy to used that I was able to install it and throw those two "tunes" together quickly.

I don't have any monitors so I used some speakers and my headphones to get the mix where it is now - I didn't spend much time on it :-) No telling how it will sound anywhere else - gotta get me some monitors...

The drums are actually the "Instant drummer" things from Riffworks which I was messing around with before I installed Reaper.

Thanks again for listening.