PDA

View Full Version : Until We Meet Again (Solo Piano)

Bleck
08-25-2010, 09:22 PM
So...I kinda didn't feel like this song was completely ready to be posted, but I needed to get it out there before I leave for University.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9570681

If I get the chance, hopefully I can come back and modify the composition a bit; add a little more complex harmonies, a more intricate bass clef, etc. But for now I'll settle with this. Enjoy :)

Axonaut
08-27-2010, 01:31 AM
The best things about this are your beautiful playing style and the feeling you put into the playing. The song is very pleasant and I could happily listen to it 100 times. However, I think you're sticking far too much to all the nice standard cliches of this style - you don't do anything wrong, but there's nothing even remotely surprising in the song.

You can find thousands of forgetable album tracks by Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, etc, that sound rather like this, I'm not accusing you of copying them, BTW, just that you've followed the same well-worn paths as their songwriters (to look on the bright side, it shows you that there's always a market for songs like this).

The song is stuck in a rut of major key and what I think is called the relative minor (e.g. C major, A minor). I would suggest you try lifting it out of the rut by substituting more interesting chords as the tune develops, for example chords like bIII bVI II iv (in C major that would be: Eb Ab Bb D Fm), and seeing where that leads you.