PDA

View Full Version : The Eastern Cajun Jig

bob
08-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Not finished.Needs more work on the vocals.The guitar riffs were played at that speed.

http://www.makeaguitarnoise.com/media/9f0f7da3c0d05d9cffff8032fffffff3.mp3

faded out at the end and fixed a vocal.

kindafishy
08-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Holy shit bob. Did you pound back a dozen energy drinks before doing this?

stratman
08-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Very impressive and interesting. Electronic meets ethnic.

Some nifty semiquaver triplet guitar picking.

What's the synth? The intro has a Reaktor type of vibe to it.

Nice snare sound.

I'd like to hear more bottom end and a bit more of the kick punching through, which I can't really hear until about 2:53. But this might be because I'm listening on headphones because it's late here.

There's a very sudden ending. At first I though I hadn't downloaded the full file, but I downloaded it a few times and still get the very abrupt ending. Maybe it's a download problem at my end.

Great imagination and invention, drawing a mixture of styles together into a combination that works.

Pete

sstillwell
08-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Reminds me a bit of some of Natalie MacMaster's stuff (the "In My Hands" CD) if she played squeezebox instead of fiddle.

If you're going for that vibe, the kick seems appropriate to me (since it would typically be bodhran anyway)

Listening on KRK RP5 G2 + 10S...plenty of low end here.

Scott

bob
08-29-2010, 12:38 AM
needs sorted out.
I donīt know why but when I render the file it ends abruptly.The song un rendered ends as it should.
Reaper is struggling to play the song on my PC because of the amount of plugins on the tune.My PC is 6 years old,,windows XP pro
The synth at the beginning is Korg Wavestation the other synth is Dimension Pro that is playing a rhythmic beat.

It definitely needs tweaking.I have to figure out why it ends like that after rendering.

bob
08-29-2010, 02:36 AM
Faded the ending out and tweaked the vocals a wee bit.

bob
08-29-2010, 03:54 AM
Holy shit bob. Did you pound back a dozen energy drinks before doing this?
plenty of coffee!

bob
08-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Very impressive and interesting. Electronic meets ethnic.

Some nifty semiquaver triplet guitar picking.

What's the synth? The intro has a Reaktor type of vibe to it.

Nice snare sound.

I'd like to hear more bottom end and a bit more of the kick punching through, which I can't really hear until about 2:53. But this might be because I'm listening on headphones because it's late here.

There's a very sudden ending. At first I though I hadn't downloaded the full file, but I downloaded it a few times and still get the very abrupt ending. Maybe it's a download problem at my end.

Great imagination and invention, drawing a mixture of styles together into a combination that works.

Pete

no its not a problem at your end.It was something to do with the rendering process.I have now faded the ending out.
Thanks everyone for the kind and positive comments

bob
08-30-2010, 03:02 AM
http://www.makeaguitarnoise.com/media/9f0f7da3c0d05d9cffff8032fffffff3.mp3

bob
09-08-2010, 04:00 AM
certain parts make me wince.They are getting a rework soon.
Pleased with the instrumental parts though and in general its not a bad tune,,just the vocals are bugging me however.

henge
09-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Oh man a WAVESTATION!!! This was my first major synth and I loved it. When your first wave sequence played it brought me right back to my days with that synth!
Love the track! Great mood and energy.

overlappingcircles
09-09-2010, 12:14 PM
this is my kind of groove :) a little tlc on the vocals and you got a great tune there