PDA

View Full Version : 2 guitars & a loop

Tedwood
09-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Just a little country thing I whipped up this afternoon, with some encouragement of others.

One electric, one acoustic, no edits, and a drum loop

No critique please - it's just for fun

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_5193139

Hope you enjoy

DuraMorte
09-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Awww... did you abandon the Candyman project? :(
I was really looking forward to it.

Tedwood
09-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Not at all DuraMorte - this is just practice for the full version, all in the fullness of time. I have to work out some nice licks, and I'd like to have two telecasters "talking to each- other" - try to imagine it if you will.

I know I said no critique please, but you didn't say whether you like the tune or not - cos that's how it goes :)

DuraMorte
09-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Not at all DuraMorte - this is just practice for the full version, all in the fullness of time. I have to work out some nice licks, and I'd like to have two telecasters "talking to each- other" - try to imagine it if you will.
I know I said no critique please, but you didn't say whether you like the tune or not - cos that's how it goes :)

Excellent! Glad to hear it.
It's definitely country. I think I get what you mean re: call-and-response Teles. Sounds like a great plan.
Looking forward to the complete version. :D

Tedwood
09-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Excellent! Glad to hear it.
It's definitely country. I think I get what you mean re: call-and-response Teles. Sounds like a great plan.
Looking forward to the complete version. :D

Yes, you got it.

Did you ever hear of the HellCasters. Fucking dynamite if you like Telecasters with fun party tricks. No I can't play that good.

What it's about is, in the playing one phrase doesn't get a chance to sustain if you play it all in line, so with the magic of editing I can make one phrase overlap the next one. Also pan them and make the tones slightly different.

I think you get my meaning

DuraMorte
09-01-2010, 03:12 PM
No I can't play that good.

Never fear; I am balls at country guitar. :D

scottedog
09-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Ahh guitar. The best therapy. :D

Sounds good TW. I think I'm gonna go dig out my Hellacasters & Danny Gatton CD's now...

spikemullings
09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I enJOY!

Great Ted. Nice pickin'

Tedwood
09-11-2010, 04:06 AM
I had just played around with the mix and added some compression to this track.

You can hear everything a lot clearer and more intelligible now I hope, and the Tele sounds quite a lot different

It's on my Reverbnation site - http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_5193139

May I also recommend listening to Honestly while you are there, it's an old one