PDA

View Full Version : Album: all done in reaper

BobbyD
09-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi reaperites. I have recorded an album one-man-production style. Not sure what you would call the style-- some kind of something rock.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.reverbnation.com/bobbydmuzic

Mudcat
09-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Wow - This stuff is really neat. I love the way everything sounds like it's about to come flying apart but manages to stay together somehow. "One Last Time" is a nice change of pace and quite a lovely song.

Overall I like your mix & production values. The only (minor) quibble I will mention is I don't care for the kick on "We Don't Need no Chinese Nozzles." It's a little too hot & squashed for my taste.

BTW - I've only had time to listen to the first 6 tunes. I will definitely check out the others later.

BobbyD
09-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Thank you Mudcat. Yeah, kick drum has always kind of eluded me. At one point I realized that you couldn't really hear it much on a lot of songs, so I probably overcompensated and brought it up too much in some of them.

Artbay
09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
re: "not sure what you would call the style" - i'm not either, but i'm reminded of 'they might be giants' and 'primus'... and that's a good thing...