PDA

View Full Version : Little Shop of Horrors cover featuring most of Panic! At The Disco.

MattGlass
09-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Here's a cool/weird cover of Skid Row(downtown) from Little Shop of Horrors I did with a few of the guys from Panic! At The Disco. Mixed and recorded with Reaper.

http://www.doesithavetobehuman.com

Bearcub
09-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Here's a cool/weird cover of Skid Row(downtown) from Little Shop of Horrors I did with a few of the guys from Panic! At The Disco. Mixed and recorded with Reaper.

I really like this cover. Most covers you hear (of any song really) get the chords wrong, or you can tell that they don't really understand the magic and the appeal of the original. But this cover modernizes the song, without destroying the soul of it, which is rare. Great job.

MattGlass
09-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I really like this cover. Most covers you hear (of any song really) get the chords wrong, or you can tell that they don't really understand the magic and the appeal of the original. But this cover modernizes the song, without destroying the soul of it, which is rare. Great job.

Thanks. Yeah, I love that musical/movie and played drums on it back in college, so preserving the quirkiness of the original was definitely a priority. Thanks for listening.

scottedog
09-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Seriously cool. Loved it. :)

....seriously cool photography too!

tspring
09-06-2010, 09:35 AM
There is some seriously good production here. I couldn't help but think of Queen at its best. Great vocal and excellent performances all around. The MP3 download has just a little bit of a harsh edge to it that I'd bet comes from lossy compression. I'd really like to hear a high quality render of the recording.

T

MattGlass
09-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Seriously cool. Loved it. :)

....seriously cool photography too!

Thanks. And thanks for checking out my photographs.

There is some seriously good production here. I couldn't help but think of Queen at its best. Great vocal and excellent performances all around. The MP3 download has just a little bit of a harsh edge to it that I'd bet comes from lossy compression. I'd really like to hear a high quality render of the recording.

T

Thanks! Very nice of you to say.

It's not very well mastered. I just quickly "volumized" it and then converted it to an MP3. I'm sure if we'd had a properly mastered, uncompressed version of it, that harshness that you hear wouldn't be an issue.

kindafishy
09-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Wow.

This is so slick. Someone should be pushing this out to the radio. It's got hit written all over it.

Everyone involved did a really great job in terms of production, performance and engineering. Awesome vocals.

Onto my mp3 player with this one...

Great movie, BTW.

kindafishy
09-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Wow. I'm going to stop posting my music now...

tspring
09-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Wow. I'm going to stop posting my music now...

I'm with you kindafishy.

Matt, I just wanted to send one more e-mail so that when you become famous, I can honestly say to my buddies something like "...yeah, when he was getting started we used to e-mail back and forth."

T

sstillwell
09-07-2010, 08:22 AM

Listened. Dug it.

Panic! At The Disco: Listen to them. Dig them.

Bowlful of win. :)

Scott

MattGlass
09-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Wow.

This is so slick. Someone should be pushing this out to the radio. It's got hit written all over it.

Everyone involved did a really great job in terms of production, performance and engineering. Awesome vocals.

Onto my mp3 player with this one...

Great movie, BTW.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I wish we had the rights to the song, then we could do more to get it out there.

I'm with you kindafishy.

Matt, I just wanted to send one more e-mail so that when you become famous, I can honestly say to my buddies something like "...yeah, when he was getting started we used to e-mail back and forth."

T

Ha ha. You got it.

Listened. Dug it.

Panic! At The Disco: Listen to them. Dig them.

Bowlful of win. :)

Scott

Thanks for digging!

Bearcub
09-08-2010, 02:55 AM
I wanna hear you guys do "Mushnik and son" and "Suddenly Seymour" as well from LSOH. In my book, Menken and Ashman are as good as it gets when it comes to the craft of songwriting.

henge
09-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Beautifully done! Nice cohesive concept and the vocals are obviously first class. Sounds like Rocky Horror done in 2010!

overlappingcircles
09-09-2010, 12:09 PM
this is stunning work in every aspect, the vox does stand out, but everybody else in the project is due some serious respect!!

MattGlass
09-13-2010, 10:59 AM
I wanna hear you guys do "Mushnik and son" and "Suddenly Seymour" as well from LSOH. In my book, Menken and Ashman are as good as it gets when it comes to the craft of songwriting.

I would really love to have done "Feed Me". That was always my favorite.

Beautifully done! Nice cohesive concept and the vocals are obviously first class. Sounds like Rocky Horror done in 2010!

Thanks! It was a blast to make.

this is stunning work in every aspect, the vox does stand out, but everybody else in the project is due some serious respect!!

Thank you very much.