PDA

View Full Version : the mountains, hip hop

bennisixx
09-05-2010, 08:22 PM
1st of all, anyone want to check out my newest tune, could you leave me some feedback?
kinda weird self loathing track

edit: updated per your suggestions and added some layers
I think It works nicely

thanks
ben

http://soundcloud.com/bennisixx/the-mountains

nofish
09-06-2010, 05:37 AM
What did you do on this track ?

Did you rap and/or produce the beat ?

I like the rap-style and flow (reminds me of some Anticon stuff), the beat is also nice only the snare is sticking out a little too much for my tastes (especially in relation to the bassdrum which is relatively low).

Cool track overall.

bennisixx
09-06-2010, 06:20 AM
What did you do on this track ?

Did you rap and/or produce the beat ?

I like the rap-style and flow (reminds me of some Anticon stuff), the beat is also nice only the snare is sticking out a little too much for my tastes (especially in relation to the bassdrum which is relatively low).

Cool track overall.

yeah the snare is loud sorry..
I did It all.....

Thanks for listening man
ben

jacobestes
09-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I think the vocals on the chorus are unclear, especially compared to the verse stuff. A more confident recording there, maybe effected or something so it takes up more of the spectrum. And I think the synth-flute type sound is too prominent.

I also would dig more kick drum, but not much if you did.

Killer track though.

bennisixx
09-10-2010, 05:07 AM
I think the vocals on the chorus are unclear, especially compared to the verse stuff. A more confident recording there, maybe effected or something so it takes up more of the spectrum. And I think the synth-flute type sound is too prominent.

I also would dig more kick drum, but not much if you did.

Killer track though.

thanks man! going back to the lab repost soon

yeah Its funny about the vocals, Ive been using a tube pre for years and decided to use a solid state one.... wow man clear
(the hook vocals are done on the tube pre-they will be redone)

again thanks all
you guys are great
b

bennisixx
09-13-2010, 10:18 AM
re up new redone mix

thanks for the suggestions guys. I think it turned out much better.
b