PDA

View Full Version : A little help

richie43
09-13-2010, 08:49 PM
This is an unusual request. I am a skilled musician but a less skilled and less equipped recording engineer who really just wants to complete some music. I have some good mics, a simple but great sounding 2 input audio/midi interface, Reaper, and lot's of music. My problem is that I am not skilled or equipped enough to record drums. I can do bass, keys, and have vocalists ready to jump in. I have tried many of the "good" and even more of the still good but free drum software, but have finally come to accept that I want to hear live drums in my music. Even V-drums are ok, I just prefer the feel and "vibe" of a person playing more than even the best programming. My hopes are that someone here in the Reaper forum could possibly collaborate with me. I have a Dropbox account so file sharing is simple. I'm even willing to take the risk of putting the music out to "strangers" with the trust that fellow Reaperites won't screw me over. PM me if you are interested. By the way, I am a versatile and experienced 45 year old guitarist and would be more than happy to help others as well. Thanks in advance and keep up the music!

Axonaut
09-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Maybe you've already seen it, but there's a generous offer of drumming services in this very forum:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=64667

By the way, I'm not a drummer, but I'd think that providing a link to a sample of your work might make it much easier to find collaborators?

richie43
09-14-2010, 05:09 AM
Thanks. I didn't supply a link because I want to get a feel for the possibilities first. I appreciate the link though. Happy music!