PDA

View Full Version : another Reaper beginner...

HienTau
03-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Just finished my first Reaper tune (http://www.unterbruecken.de/hientau/music/sunrise.mp3) (mp3 format, ~3.5MB). I used my midi keyboard of faith, a fairly decent soundfont, DK+ drums and lots of delay and reverb to make it sound etherial.
I'm quite happy with the track, though "finished" actually isn't the right word for its state. Currently I simply don't know how to get more out of it.
What do you think about this track? How can it be improved?

(P.S.: Be warned though, it's slightly corny)

Stringer
03-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I had a quick listen and I liked it. Interesting percussion. Nice mood piece.

John

HienTau
03-05-2007, 10:24 AM
I had a quick listen and I liked it.
Thanks for listening! Glad you like it :)

HienTau

Sam C
03-05-2007, 10:53 AM
hein, cool piece. i love the piano intro. it sounds a bit like a movie piece.

as a guitar player, i can hear a deep in the back solo in and out at different points.

i also think you could call it finished for my ears.

nice tune.

HienTau
03-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks for your comment, Sam. You also helped me find something of a category for this track.

i also think you could call it finished for my ears.

That's great!

HienTau

Count Bassie
03-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Hey, I like it. Don't attack it- let it lay as is. It's very bare, and it's its own mood- a very real moment. Nice.

The violins coming out from the right like that is unexpected (to me). So is life (to me).

richlum
03-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Hey I really liked this tune.

I think it sounds complete as is. you could maybe put some sparse words over it, but it doesn't need it...

Some interesting harmonies/melodies.
Sounds a bit oriental in places, but not really... quite original sounding

HienTau
03-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks for listening, Count Bassie and richlum.
As there's so much positive feedback I'll act on your advice and let it stay as is. :)

@Count Bassie
The violins coming out from the right like that is unexpected (to me). So is life (to me).
Now that you mention it... There's something about it. I'll keep that in mind for future pieces.

@richlum
quite original sounding
I hoped it would do so. Thing is, after you listen to your own piece over and over again you come to think you heard it somewhere else already. Weird.

HienTau

Count Bassie
03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
So, what else you got?!

HienTau
03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Sorry, Bassie. I didn't mean to be imprecise. Leaving behind me a dead critical group of short story writers I'm simply not used to positive feedback. In fact nobody said anything negative about the piece, neither here nor anywhere else. That's really motivating and inspiring (and then, the next piece - highly anticipated - is totally lame, of course ;)).

Thanks again, Bassie!

Count Bassie
03-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Sorry, Bassie. I didn't mean to be imprecise. Leaving behind me a dead critical group of short story writers I'm simply not used to positive feedback. In fact nobody said anything negative about the piece, neither here nor anywhere else. That's really motivating and inspiring (and then, the next piece - highly anticipated - is totally lame, of course ;)).

Thanks again, Bassie!

No apologies needed, dude. So, don't...do it...again...:D

Trouble is, now you've set us up for more good ones! No!! But do keep 'em comin- s'all for everyone'e edification and learning...

HienTau
03-10-2007, 12:44 PM
But do keep 'em comin- s'all for everyone'e edification and learning...
Aye, aye, Sir! :D

Count Bassie
03-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Aye, aye, Sir! :D

Allright... it's for yours too! ;)