PDA

View Full Version : LPD8 not seen in Reaper

teleute
12-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Hello I got an Akai LPD8 today and Ableton and Bomes both see and work with it fine.

Ableton sees it USB Audio Device
Bomes sees it as LDP8

But Reaper doesn't list it as an available device in the Midi device preferences.

I've tried reinstalling Reaper and running M Audio's XP midi registry clean up tool, but it still wont show up in Reaper.

Any idea whats going on?

Cheers
Allan

Mugai
12-06-2010, 01:55 PM
If Ableton sees it as a "USB Audio Device," is it possible that it might be listed as an audio device in REAPER, rather than a MIDI device?

I know it's weird that a MIDI pad controller would be seen as an audio device, but I suppose it's worth a look. It should be working under REAPER, given the type of device.

Patakreyp
12-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Strange, mine is seen as a USB Audio Device ("Périphérique Audio USB" in french), as in following screenshot.
http://img690.**************/img690/9956/lpd8.png

No idea why your Reaper would not "see" it :(

teleute
12-07-2010, 05:46 AM
Well the LPD8 uses the generic windows drivers which is why its being named USB Audio Device, as im pretty sure the generic midi and audio drivers are bundled together in XP. I had another midi controller that did this too. But the name wont cause a problem, as its after all just a name, Ableton recognises that this is a midi device and lists it as such. The manual for the LPD8 does also say that it will be called USB Audio Device. So I'm also a little perplexed why Bomes calls it LPD8.

I'll try it on my laptop, if it work on Reaper there then I guess completely wiping out Reaper and doing a reinstall on the desktop is the next thing to try.

teleute
12-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Well it's sort of fixed now.

I uninstalled my Novation Nocturn and its Automap software and now the LPD8 and reaper seem pretty happy together.