PDA

View Full Version : The selection for "last track in folder" .. seems a bit pointless?

Amberience
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Why couldn't the first track you put inside a folder automatically be flagged as the last track. And then subsequent tracks had to be dragged to the top of the folder to be added.

Seems a bit gnarly to have to click the button just so you can keep adding tracks below. I don't see the point in having it assigned to a button.

Am I missing something perhaps?

Diogenes
03-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Personally, I'd rather click twice, once for Folder and once for Last Track of Folder instead of clicking and dragging...

D

mattbird
03-24-2007, 11:39 AM
seen what happens when you remove a track that is flagged as last in folder? or if you move it to within another group? it all gets confused!

much better to have a folder you can drop stuff into (including another folder) than the weird thing of saying 'last track'

James HE
03-24-2007, 12:45 PM
I agree. the system dosen't feel much like a folder. A folder is where you put stuff, you don't really put the things in the "folders" in REAPER, you arrange tracks into groups. I like the way it works for the most part so I just choose to not think of them as folders. We should just call them "groups" and leave it as it is! lol.

But since folder within a folder dosen't really work, a folder track should automatically end the folder above it. Less chance for user error.

mattbird
03-24-2007, 02:24 PM
you will see too that folder tracks dont have a number visible in the track list or mixer.. but they do a have a number.. just doesnt show it.. cant see the benefit in not showing!

teej813
03-24-2007, 06:00 PM
hmmmmm... click twice or click n drag doesn't matter to me. i'm just anxious to see folder in folder.

teej

Dstruct
07-30-2016, 10:23 AM
+1

REAPER 5.22 x64

-> insert track
-> make it folder
-> insert track via keyboard shortcut

Result: second track (child) not flagged as last track in folder

Expected: second track (child) flagged as last track in folder

Lokasenna
07-30-2016, 10:53 AM
+1

REAPER 5.22 x64

-> insert track
-> make it folder
-> insert track via keyboard shortcut

Result: second track (child) not flagged as last track in folder

Expected: second track (child) flagged as last track in folder

But then what would you expect a third track to be?

Dstruct
07-30-2016, 11:00 AM
But then what would you expect a third track to be?

Flagged as last track in folder of course :)

tls11823
07-30-2016, 11:32 AM
But since folder within a folder dosen't really workNot sure what you mean here. I put folders in folders all the time. I have a folder called drums. That contains a folder called overheads. That contains the left and right overhead tracks.

Maybe I misunderstand your point. If so, please clarify.