PDA

View Full Version : ESI M4U XL midi interface

acintya
03-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Hello I am about to buy an external sound card and a midi interface since I will need 4 midi inputs(midi keyboard, midi controller, roland spd-s sampling machine for triggering drums and guitar to midi converter) so I will need really LOW latency and good stability-compatibility.

Which midi interface do you preffer for reaper? Does ESI M4U XL work fine? I dont want to have more than 4ms latency. I have a good machine(i7, 12gb). But how does midi with usb 2.0 midi interfaces? Please answer.. I will need good latency especially for drum triggering(several vst-s)

I need a good sound card too... It should be win7 64-bit/Mac compatible and should have 2 audio inputs since I dont need more. Which one do you preffer? I am choosing between TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 and CAKEWALK UA-25 EX CW. Does someone have a recommendation? TNX in advance

El-Rallef
03-02-2011, 01:28 AM
I would suggest that before buying any ESI product, you should have a look at their download page to see how many products they still have no Windows 7 drivers for, and another look at the forum to see the posts of enraged customers.

When it comes to customer service, you can't be worse off than ESI (or can you?)...

El-Rallef