PDA

View Full Version : Using EZ drummer already used in another DAW

actofgod22
04-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Hey,

I'm making the switch to Reaper hopefully (just got the trial yesterday) and I'm trying to find the easiest way to use my previously installed EZ Drummer (FL Studio 8). I copied the DLL and put it in the Reaper VST folder but it isn't showing up. I tried the path as well, and nothing.

Do I need to re-install it?

chrisharbin
04-06-2011, 09:58 PM
If it's on the same computer you should be able to set the pathway under preferences and have it find that .dll

actofgod22
04-07-2011, 05:17 AM
If it's on the same computer you should be able to set the pathway under preferences and have it find that .dll

got it, thanks! I'm hoping I can figure out reaper and make the switch, but everything is so different it is hard to get acclimated.

chrisharbin
04-07-2011, 11:28 AM
got it, thanks! I'm hoping I can figure out reaper and make the switch, but everything is so different it is hard to get acclimated.

One thing that might be of help is this:

http://www.groove3.com/str/reaper-explained.html

Under purchase options you can do the 30 day streaming for 16.99 so it's a good way to get in touch without coughing up any real cash.

There used to be some free vids on the net, but I'm not sure they are there anymore.......you could try and google that.

Diogenes
04-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Go to YouTube and search "Reaper EZDrummer"... piles of vids...

D