PDA

View Full Version : Why does my midi track delete when I delete the audio track?

SEA
08-12-2011, 10:55 AM
And why when I go to move the audio track the midi track moves with it?

I know these are stupid questions and Reaper can be set up all sorts of ways... but as an old Cubendo user, I'm just to be able to click on an audio track and move just that piece of the track like when I split it etc. With Reaper it's like I split an audio track into 2 separate sections (midi too) but in Reaper, when I try to move just a piece of the data data the whole track moves with it!

And here's another thing. When I DO delete the audio track all of a sudden my curser goes to the middle part of the song like it just JUMPS to that part ya know?

I'm sure there's all kinds of ways to set this baby up!

Any suggestions?

mrelwood
08-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Reaper applies most commands to all selected items. When you move an item, make sure other items are not selected.

There are several options for playback cursor seeking, ripple mode, etc that may not be to your liking. I suggest you read the manual to understand what the software does and why:

http://reaper.fm/userguide.php

SEA
08-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Reaper applies most commands to all selected items. When you move an item, make sure other items are not selected.

http://reaper.fm/userguide.php

Thanks mrelwood! The other tracks are not selected when this is happening.

One thing that I noticed is that I can move the midi track and the waves stay put. But when I move the wave files the midi moves with it.

What's that program that captures a video of your desktop that people use when showing odd behavior in Reaper? If you let me know I'll try to take a vid of it as well.

I'll also read up on the manual.

SEA

P.S. I just turned Ripple Editing off and that seemed to help a lot :)

Ollie
08-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I know these are stupid questions and Reaper can be set up all sorts of ways...

You know there are no stupid questions, but it would be great if you wouldn't post them in the pre-release forum all the time. Thanks! :)

SEA
08-12-2011, 01:04 PM
You know there are no stupid questions, but it would be great if you wouldn't post them in the pre-release forum all the time. Thanks! :)

Ha! Thanks Ollie! :D

The reason I post them in the pre-release forum is because I'm only using the pre-release builds and thought perhaps this is something new in V4. But now that V4 is out I'll try to shoot these types of questions over there ;)