PDA

View Full Version : Ensemble Apogee + Reaper

risah
10-03-2011, 06:43 AM
I'm having a problem here which had never happened before. When I'm recording is giving a latency problem that I have to close and open the program to be normal. Sometimes the recording is going on and suddenly starts giving this problem. That's interesting, with the old interface (ProFire 2626) could not.

risah
10-03-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm having a problem here which had never happened before. When I'm recording is giving a latency problem that I have to close and open the program to be normal. Sometimes the recording is going on and suddenly starts giving this problem. That's interesting, with the old interface (ProFire 2626) could not.

pixeltarian
10-03-2011, 11:39 AM
hey....

I'm not going to be helpfull with your question.

However I would love to know what you think of the upgrade. I have a pf2626 right now and am thinking about going apogee. is it a huge difference? do you love the apogee a lot more?!

yagonnawantthatcowbell
10-03-2011, 03:30 PM
I have a duet and have problems with latency, too.

In the audio devices menu, I have the buffer set to 256 and all will be good. Then I'll open a plugin that has a complex UI (whether or not it's the first time opening it) and it will knock the latency back to god knows what and I'll have to open Audio Devices and uncheck "request sample rate" and "request block size" and hit apply, then recheck them and hit apply, and latency will be back to normal. Sometimes I have to uncheck/recheck multiple times to get the latency back to normal. It's really aggravating.

I recently created an aggregate device in audio/midi setup and added just the duet to it and then choosing that aggregate device in reaper. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

It's always fun having the client ask how come there is a delay in the headphones! Between this problem and the pitiful MCU support, I just can't use Reaper for any serious (paid) work at all.

Would love to know what the problem is...

yagonnawantthatcowbell
10-06-2011, 04:39 PM
did you ever figure it out?