PDA

View Full Version : how does this sound as an album??

fortunedsouls
10-30-2011, 08:22 PM
http://soundcloud.com/thevelvetconspiracy

please let me know how this sounds as an album!!
thanks,
--James

Audiosyncrasy
10-31-2011, 11:01 AM
http://soundcloud.com/thevelvetconspiracy

please let me know how this sounds as an album!!
thanks,
--James

Electronic stuff isn't really my cup of tea, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I really enjoy what you're doing in these tunes!

I Miss the Waves Crashing
Overall, I like the sonic soundscape. I'm not crazy about the lo-fi record static effect. IMHO, it doesn't move the song forward and it distracts from that beautiful minor piano chord ;)

One suggestion. Everything seems to have a specific ambiance to it except for the drum loop. Is it possible to put very slight ambiance on that loop to provide a "couch". Perhaps, even a mono verb, or some other spacial effect, will work?

To Love You
I like the spatial panning effect on the vocals toward the end :)

Want to Fight
At 18 seconds, it seems like that vocal effect is too loud to my ears.

The Beautiful World
Dig the piano. This one seems to groove really well too.

That's all I have time for right now. To address your original question . . . the only song that doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the album is "Want to Fight." Perhaps, it's because "Want to Fight" has more of a rap vibe to it.

Overall, great stuff, fortunedsouls. Keep up the good work!

sammydix
10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
heard some good solid songs there that would indeed make a cohesive album. i 2nd Audiosyncrasy's statement about What To Fight. not a bad song in itself, but when i came up, it was a little jarring from the rest of the tracks.

fortunedsouls
10-31-2011, 04:56 PM
thanks everyone! when the album is finished, i'll do as you have mentioned. thanks again for listening!!
--James
www.soundcloud.com/thevelvetconspiracy

clkonkol
11-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I liked all of it, but especially the feel of 'Promised Land' and 'Beautiful World'. I don't feel the more 'ambient' tracks, if properly positioned among the harder edge songs, would be wrong at all - listeners would get a break and then hit 'em again. Or end the album with the more chilled out songs(?) Nice work James!

Audiosyncrasy
11-01-2011, 11:37 AM
thanks everyone! when the album is finished, i'll do as you have mentioned. thanks again for listening!!
--James
www.soundcloud.com/thevelvetconspiracy

Well, you certainly aren't REQUIRED to take our feedback :) The things I mentioned, specifically, are "taste" things. They're pretty subjective and don't effect the impact of the overall tracks very much (which are great, I think).