PDA

View Full Version : The Shadow

pdk
11-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Just played around with a bass line and layered somestuff on it.

Just sharing. Not much structure to it.

http://soundcloud.com/pd-k-1/shadow

jopatius
11-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Hmmm - you do pay attention to lyrics, hmmm...
at 1:30 jumping to another song at your site, the one with the acoustic guitar intro -
that's not working, I don't have the patience to listen to that intro through -
jumping to "what I need (slight return)" -

That's a fun song!
Fun guitar riff, good use of effects in your voice (let's be honest, you are no Elvis, these effects help a lot) -

yes, that was a good song!

BishopJD
11-28-2011, 06:29 PM
I found this song to be mesmerizing. Very good job and I love your voice.

Blessings

pdk
11-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Hmmm - you do pay attention to lyrics, hmmm...
at 1:30 jumping to another song at your site, the one with the acoustic guitar intro -
that's not working, I don't have the patience to listen to that intro through -
jumping to "what I need (slight return)" -

That's a fun song!
Fun guitar riff, good use of effects in your voice (let's be honest, you are no Elvis, these effects help a lot) -

yes, that was a good song!
What I need: The vocal approach on that tune was more about character vs "singing". The effect I used kind of dictated the breathy and scratchy vocal approach. It also squashed the low end ensuring the vocals would be pronounced but not stomp on the other instruments.

Glad you liked it. It's a different kind of song for me and I am happy with the results so far.

pdk
11-29-2011, 08:45 AM
I found this song to be mesmerizing. Very good job and I love your voice.

Blessings

Thank You! - It was a lot of fun. I am a big Pink Floyd fan and I always love the repetitive meditations of their earlier work. The Doors as well. Maybe a little Bau Haus creeps in there too. LOL

This was fun.

Wolffman
11-29-2011, 02:49 PM
I got the instant sense desperation, like a movie scene where someone is running, and if they don't run they face certain death.

But that all changed when the lyric came in, i like this a lot and the guitar really suits the vibe.

Well done

Cheers

PS: as i was listening the 2nd time, i'm thinking who does this remind me of ?
Now i know, it reminds me of something from U2's Joshua Tree area or from around that time.