PDA

View Full Version : Hip in Hypocrite

bigwoody
05-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Hey guys, here is a little something funky with a little political humor thrown in. Everything I am doing these days is 100% Reaper.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=701986&songID=5345971

I know it is a very simple arrangement, but any feedback at all?? Is the bass too heavy....obviously it is a bassy song, but is it too much? I have been trying really hard to keep the bass present without the acumulating low rumble by using ReaEQ with a low shelf starting at around 200Hz.

Sam C
05-26-2007, 08:58 AM
i like the tune. you might consider rolling a little of the low end off of the bass? you picked a great guitar effect for the tune. sits in there nice!

clever lyric!

bigwoody
05-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Thanks Sam, I tend to have issues with too much bottom end, and I have been working on that. I typically put a low shelf on my master starting around 200Hz using ReaEq, and I did on this one too. This is a "bass heavy" song and it sounds okay to me in studio, car and home stereo, but I value your feedback....do you think that the bass is still to strong??
Thanks much, woody.

pw3
05-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Cool tune, woody - but I agree with Sam, roll off some lows on the bass, for clarity. To my ear, there's enough 'oomph' in the kick drum to keep the low end rich.

Also agree with Sam that the guitar is very cool.
Thanks for sharing!