PDA

View Full Version : Another first attempt

polar69
05-22-2007, 08:15 AM
...at recording guitar with Reaper,this is a electro acoustic through a beri 502, what I want to know is when I playback through reaper it seems to be clipping but the mp3 just sounds like I play with 2 left hands :P

http://media.putfile.com/aaarrrrgh

any pointers ? This live audio is a bit harder than midi !

polar69
05-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Appears to be my pc, works fine on my laptop :P

polar69
05-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Okay I'll talk to myself

Realised bad sound on audio problem started when I put reaper on a seperate drive, dont ask me how but reinstalling on the main windows drive seems to have cleaned audio up, vst's etc are still on the second drive. Not tried actual input yet but can assume its bearable as you can get with a soundblaster type card

Anyone else found this problem ? Can it be anything to do with all the drivers etc being on a seperate drive ?

polar69
05-29-2007, 02:42 AM
Oh I give up its back again. Decided to use my laptop for audio from now on, was half way through recording a track on acoustic, had nice reverb sounded bearable, went to add some jamstix and of course it all crashed !!

Suppose its time for a memory upgrade,I can get 1gb for £30 ish , will it be enough ?

Sam C
06-03-2007, 11:02 AM
i can't get the tune to play? i see the tune name from the link but no play or download buttons.