PDA

View Full Version : A few minor annoyances ...

Lawrence
05-27-2007, 09:02 PM
1. Import media file. It doesn't seem to remember the last directory. No big deal but most windows apps seem to do this. It seems to always go back to the Reaper directory.

I know, use the media explorer. For me it's easier just browsing in the windows explorer. This might be a case (in Windows) where a quick registry write would come in handy. "LastDirectory" stored whenever you import so it would get recalled even on the next launch?

2. I'm still hung up on no fader and pan control of midi tracks (tracks with nothing but midi on them) from the TCP or mixer.

3. Midi device assignement. On this particular system I have one default midi device listed for use. When loading a GM file it would be nice to have the option (if splitting to multiple tracks) to have them all assigned to that device. As it is now I have to go assign each one manually.

I was hoping I could load the file to one track, assign it and then explode it (by channel) having the new tracks pick up the same output device assignment. Couldn't figure out if that could be done.

It would be nice if you could define a default and an option to use it on midi file imports.

To get - really - nit-picky...

That status text next to the time display just drives me nuts. I don't need large text telling me when the daw is playing or stopped or paused or whatever as those states are pretty obvious just looking at the transport. I just hate looking at it. Nit-pick for sure.

It'd be nice to have an option to either hide it or reduce the text size.

Forgive me if any of this "is in there".

James HE
05-28-2007, 02:43 PM
1. Yep, this bugs me too.

2. The volume (pre-FX) and pan (pre-FX) I believe will control MIDI volume and pan.

3. If you multi-select all the tracks, will you only have to do it just once? The routing matrix may be quicker too.