PDA

View Full Version : Sugjestions please

Xanibunib
05-30-2007, 01:27 AM
So I just recently started working with Reaper to do some recording of my own and I just wanted to get some feedback and maybe some info on how to better my sound...

The drums are samples I put together with the ReaSampleomatic the rest is recorded through a kinda ghetto setup I got goin hah...

Jackson Kelly KE3--> Peavy Transtube 112(out the headphone jack)---> Sound card Line-in

not great but its all i got at the moment, heres a sample of what I have recorded so far:

http://media.putfile.com/Classical-Riff

I guess from here I would like to figure out how to get rid of the kinda grungy sounding noise and still keep a cleaner distortion sound on the lead... I'm fairy new to this whole recording thing so any advice would be greatly appreciated

rforssell
05-30-2007, 01:36 AM
The link seems not to be working

Xanibunib
05-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Hmm should work now...maybe i'll find a different host

Rann
05-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Sounds good! I can relate to a minimal set-up, so my only suggestion is to try to record a good clean sound before you start getting it dirty. Trial and error.

peace,
rann

piotrekz5
06-27-2007, 11:41 AM
the only right solution while recording through line/headphone output - use guitar cab simulator. (line/headphone outputs take the sound from preamp, just before it gets to speaker). amplitube or guitarRig produces really nice decent sound. awesome freeware solution is voxengo boogex. looking forward to hear your progress.
you are surely missing right tone....not skills

tspring
06-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Overdriven guitar is trickier to record than you can believe - the ear tends to hear it differently than it records. I've found that most guitarist who play distorted guitar have to back off on the distortion that they are used to using when they record.

You might consider rerecording at least the rhythm guitar with this in mind. Start clean, then add just enough distortion using plugins to get the effect that you want. I often think in terms of trying to avoid too much white noise in the sound from the rhythm guitar, and try to emphasize the attack and fundamental of the chords. There is some hot guitar work going on, I'd sure like to hear it a little better.

T