PDA

View Full Version : Listen To Me!! (It's the track title, not an order)

asharin
05-30-2007, 07:15 PM
http://z0mg.myzen.co.uk/mp3/listentome.ogg
This is actually still a work in progress, most notably the vocals..no amount of proccessing is going to save the bad recording in this version :D
I'd like to hear any opinions on it, unfinished as it currently is.

This was made with Modplug tracker, and Reaper.
I have no 'proper' equipment whatsoever, just a PC, with onboard sound (I may upgrade the sound card one day if I am not feeling too lazy) and a cheap mic (hence the low quality recording :P )
Still considering I just do this for fun, I think I do 'reasonably' okay. Now all I need is some talent :D

rforssell
05-30-2007, 11:31 PM
I really like the guitars here! I would like the drums to be moved a bit backwords in the mix, maybe especially the hihat and the flams of the snare drum. The chorus (or what the 2nd part is called) works well. Good snare here. Maybe a change of bass sound to something a bit more muddy and beefy. Good song! So you use the tracker for the drums and the bass, mixdown, import the wav and record guitars and vocals in reaper?

asharin
05-31-2007, 05:31 AM
Actually the guitars are a guitar synth (Revitar2) pumped through Guitar rig 2...and also done in modplug :D
I added the vocals in reaper and the final mix.
There's no 'real' instruments in this song at all.
Thanks for the comments, though I have no real idea how to move the drums 'backwards' in the mix, I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to mixing stuff, I'm still practicing! Though I think this one came out better than my old stuff

rforssell
05-31-2007, 05:53 AM
Ahhh the guitars are samples haha. Sounded good though! I am a newbie as well, don't worry :)

*checking out reviatar*

asharin
05-31-2007, 06:10 AM
Nah not sampled, it's a guitar synth. But yeah I suppose as I export the tracks as a wav it's technically a sample :D
I tried a demo of revitar2 a while back, was very impressed so I bought it. There's even a couple of my tracks as demo music for it now, after I sent them to the author saying thanks for the great plugin look what I made with it lol.
If you want to check it out it's at www.cuttermusic.com can't remember the exact page but I'm pretty sure it's linked on the main page :)

rforssell
05-31-2007, 07:04 AM
Such a cool plug!!!

asharin
05-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Yeah very cool, I found it by a search on KVR, figured I'd try it. Surprised it isn't more well known, but I guess people would prefer a real guitar. I know I would but I don't have the patience to learn to play a guitar, and I don't know any guitarists..so it works for me :D

Rann
05-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Asharin,
You have a good ear for texture. A few weeks back I listened to a track on your myspace page, and the vocal sounded like you sang along with a whispered track (I don't remember the track title). I was wondering if that's what you did or was I imagining things? Anyway I liked what I heard today, so keep it up!

rann

asharin
06-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Asharin,
You have a good ear for texture. A few weeks back I listened to a track on your myspace page, and the vocal sounded like you sang along with a whispered track (I don't remember the track title). I was wondering if that's what you did or was I imagining things? Anyway I liked what I heard today, so keep it up!

rann

Hmm not on any tracks I've ever put on my myspace. I do tend to put a quieter version of the vocals behind the main ones, but its's the same track, just quieter and offset a little for a small delay, could be that. I'm now trying to think of which one you mean :D
Could be 'Let my demons out' maybe, as I took that down for a remix (the drums sucked so redoing them)

Rann
06-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Let my demons out was the one I was thinking about. I really liked the way the vocals came across - and it worked really well in the tune.

r