PDA

View Full Version : Sigh......my 64 bit EZKeys won't audition...same problem I had with reaper and ezdrum

Doughboy
03-20-2012, 02:54 PM
RANT MODE ON....DAMN DAMMMMMN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMN......THIS IS REEEEALLY PISSING ME OFF. I work 11 hours a day and only have abit of time for fucking my music shit. When I get a new toy such as EZ Keys that downloaded yesterday, I like to be able to get it going quickly, so I can put it to use. But between Reaper and 32 bit and 64 bit plugins I'm getting bones so often I don't have time or the ability to do any music. RANT MODE OFF

okay....just a refresher....I couldn't audition my EZ drum loops and all my plugins would float and no matter what I did I couldn't change either of these two things. I had 64 bit Reaper. Sooooo, I downloaded 32 bit Reaper and everything was beautiful and fine again.

Now I download 64 bit EZ keys an amazing piano software from toontracks.....but....it floats all the time and....I can't audition the piano loops unless the play button is on in reaper. Same problem as before.

So...at this point this is the only plugin that is boning me. Do I need to find a 32 bit version of it? I don't even think it asked me for the choice, I think it just downloaded in 64 bit.

I don't want to sound stupid or spiteful or anything here, and I love Reaper....but.....will these problems go away if I just buy Sonar or something? I don't really have the money for that right now.....but I have to do something.

s_sibs
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Yes it's the same issue as before. It is the bit bridge in Reaper.

If you are using 32-bit Reaper, you must use 32-bit EZkeys.

Yes, there is a 32-bit EZkeys player installer. It's in the same folder as the 64-bit installer was.

Doughboy
03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks ..... I'll try that then. Appreciate your help. Once again.

Doughboy
03-20-2012, 04:17 PM
sibbs.....I can uninstall and reinstall the 64 bit version all day, but when I try to install the 32 bit version it says: error 1311 sourcefile not found users greg desktop hostcab veryify that the file exists and that you can use it.

seems like this was a message I got alot with the ezdrummer but it was the reason I couldn't go to 64 bit from 32 bit. Just the opposite.

s_sibs
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Error 1311 is usually caused by clicking on the installer and trying to run it while it is still in the .zip file.

Extract by right clicking the zip file and choose Extract All. Then open the extracted folder and run the 32-bit installer.