PDA

View Full Version : Reaper and CME UF keyboards?

JimmiG
06-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi. I'm trying out Reaper but I've encountered quite a few issues which have so far prevented me from using the program.

Trying to use my CME UF7 keyboard via USB causes the program to freeze. As soon as I create a track using the UF Midi interface, the program freezes (when selecting it as input). If I terminate the program and restart it, it can't find the UF, unless I unplug and replace the USB.

I was able to use my MicroKorg+Delta1010LT midi interface to play some softsynths and the MicroKorg itself in Reaper, but the UF7 is my main keyboard.

I assume the UF would also work if using a midi cable, but both Midi interfaces (Delta 1010LT and Behringer BCF) are in use, so I'd prefer to use it via USB.

fab
06-01-2007, 11:13 AM
have you tried mapletools virtual midi ports between midi interface and reaper in the meantime?

fabian

JimmiG
06-02-2007, 10:36 AM
How would I use the tool to circumvent the CME UF7 usb driver? I see no configuration screen to alias ports or similar.

Is anyone sucessfully using a CME keyboard with Reaper?

rinxai
07-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Yup, Reaper not working with my CME-UF5, same problem, freezes.

simpsongb
07-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I have the CME UF6...if you go to the CME website, and to their forum, you will see lots of unhappy folks. The USB firmware on these keybaords/controllers is not standard, hence it does not work well....

Connect the keybaord using the old-fashioned MIDI ports, and all will be better.....

Diogenes
07-06-2007, 08:38 PM
I have the CME UF6...if you go to the CME website, and to their forum, you will see lots of unhappy folks. The USB firmware on these keybaords/controllers is not standard, hence it does not work well....

Connect the keybaord using the old-fashioned MIDI ports, and all will be better.....

Are all the programmable features and such available through the standard MIDI I/O? I mean, can you program the thing via USB and use the MIDI I/O ports for Reaper? Transport controls work? Etc... blah... blah...

MusiciansFiend has the UF-5 on sale for $159 and it is really tempting me...

Thanks,

D

simpsongb
07-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Honestly haven't had the time to try the transport, MIDI learn functionality, etc.......

Sometimes it seems to take weeks to get back in the studio....ya know....

I got mine from MF for 179....check the CME-PRO forums...apparently CME is going to release an updated motherboard for the UF series, to fix the USB issues....see the following:

http://www.cme-pro.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3202&extra=page%3D1

so...you might want to pass...or wait until CME lists pricing for the upgrade.....

In any event, the USB on these is not good...and I still haven't answered your question...sorry...

Diogenes
07-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Meh... I think I'll wait and get an M-Audio Axiom 49. I've been hearing good things about those. Now to save up some green stuff...

Thanks for the info!

D

simpsongb
07-09-2007, 05:45 AM
Hey my friend

I played with my UF6 yesterday. I was not successful getting the transport controls to drive Reaper, but I think that lies in the realm of control surface, Mackie, etc.....

I did, however, have no problem getting the MIDI learn to work on the plug-ins. So the knobs can be assigned through the MIDI connefction to the virtual knobs in the plug-ins...that worked fine...

Just thought you might want to know....I bought the UF6 because it is solidly built, and offers more features for the $$$ than any other keyboard.....

Honestly, I am not sorry I bought the board...my son uses Pro Tools, and it works fine there using a MIDI conncetion to his MBox2.....