Cockos Incorporated Forums

Cockos Incorporated Forums (https://forum.cockos.com/index.php)
-   ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum (https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Track Inspector VIP (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=174202)

heda 09-24-2016 07:06 AM

v1.1pre6 (2016-09-24)

thanks to the new VIP members who have donated this week!

Quote:

* v1.1pre6 (2016-09-24)
+ CTRL+click on FX plugin to toggle Online/Offline
+ Freeze: option to automatically create new version before freezing. (also adds *frozen* suffix to version name, customizable in global options)
# Do not drag reorder FX if parameters are displayed in FX chain (not easy to fix for now)
# fix: Add Undo when removing FX, reordering FX...
# fix: small color fix reordering fx
# fix: hide PreFX button when there is no room for meter.
You can toggle online/offline the plugins by CTRL clicking them

New option in the freeze panel menu(right click), to create new track version when freezing. This is nice to have a copy of the track with the MIDI data accessible. OR if you want to switch between frozen and not frozen versions quickly.
It adds a suffix *frozen* to the frozen version. You can customize this suffix in the global options ini file, or set it to "" if you don't want it.
https://i.imgur.com/SWkXM4q.gif

Reordering plugins when having parameters displayed in the fx chain panel is not straight forward so, for now reordering is disabled in that case.

Infrabass 09-25-2016 07:56 AM

Hey HeDa!
Thx for the update.
Very cool to be able to offline FX from the TI!

The script/app is very stable and its remarkable due to his complexity!
I just find two little issues:

- My pan mode by default in my reaper projects is Stereo Pan (with the width knob) but in TI even if the project setting pan mode is selected (is there a way to always use another mode?) its the Stereo Balance/Mono Pan (Default) who is display. I had to switch manually to the Stereo Pan mode on each new track.

- Another user already report it but i confirm a problem with the docking information in screensets.
TI don't keep his position as it was saved.
I'm on Mac, OSX 10.10.5

Apart from that, it rocks!
See u!

musicbynumbers 09-25-2016 08:30 AM

Woo hoo! I didn't realise Fx are now reorder-able! thanks! :)

heda 09-25-2016 11:13 AM

@musicbynumbers I finally did it! ;) It was not easy but I also was constantly trying to intuitively drag them and I couldn't wait more for Cockos to add the proper API functions. Maybe they never add those functions. I've tested with plugins that generate large chunks and it seems to work.. a bit slower than it would be with Cockos native compiled API functions but it works.

@Infrabass thank you for reporting that bug in pan mode... I never change the project pan mode default, so I never noticed that one before. fixing!

the problem with screensets is a bit bigger than I thought. I need to do more tests. I don't understand why the dockers ID change from screenset to screenset. Or that's what it seems to happen from my initial tests. I forgot to check about it. Thanks for reminding me it.

heda 09-25-2016 05:42 PM

v1.1pre7 (2016-09-25)

Quote:

* v1.1pre7 (2016-09-25)
# fix: pan mode not updated correctly when for project settings default mode.[&postcount=482]
# fix: reorder was triggered just by clicking on a fx to open it causing delay opening the plugin.
# fix: undo for various actions on sends and receives
sorry... just some bug fixes that didn't have to happen.
as @Infrabass mentions, it is complex... It has become more complex than I anticipated. But you all keep supporting me and encouraging me to keep going! so It doesn't matter a bit of complexity. :) All the bugs will eventually vanish.

Two new features are coming this week I hope. Or at least one this week. I'm going to be a bit busy this week.

I'm posting these updates here in the form but I think it may be a good idea if I also start sending an email list to the VIP members too. I guess not everyone reads the forum.

RJHollins 09-25-2016 10:25 PM

Hi Heda ...

Would be nice to get the VIP email notice ... but I do try to be on the lookout here at the forum.

musicbynumbers 09-26-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heda (Post 1734923)
@musicbynumbers I finally did it! ;) It was not easy but I also was constantly trying to intuitively drag them and I couldn't wait more for Cockos to add the proper API functions. Maybe they never add those functions. I've tested with plugins that generate large chunks and it seems to work.. a bit slower than it would be with Cockos native compiled API functions but it works.

Well glad you did! :) thanks

stereolost 09-29-2016 02:09 AM

Thanks for all the features and fixes!

One small thing: when a track is soloed and i create a new TrackVersion, previous version is locked and hidden in a soloed state, so it keeps playing.

heda 09-29-2016 03:14 AM

Good catch stereolost. +1 reapoint for you.
I'll fix it when I can. Right now I'm in bed with high fever :(

G-Sun 09-29-2016 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heda (Post 1736220)
Good catch stereolost. +1 reapoint for you.
I'll fix it when I can. Right now I'm in bed with high fever :(

Get well :)
Best Geir

ericzang 10-02-2016 01:56 AM

This is such a helpful tool, thank you HeDa! I hope you feel well soon! Sorry if this has been addressed before, I didn't find it in the thread.
I have encountered two unexpected behaviors. I can avoid both of them though, now that I understand what causes them.

I have the Reaper option "Mouse Click in track view changes track selection" enabled. When doing this, Inspector does not follow the selection. Only clicking on the TCP changes the Inspector's selection. But, clicking on the TCP does not change Inspector when that track is already selected by having been click selected in the track view. In the linked video this is indicated when the mouse cursor does a little circle dance.
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2p...ew?usp=sharing

Also, I found a strange occurence concerning the A/B two effects via soft bypass feature. Parameter modulation can result. So far I have only found this to happen when there is a SoundToys plugin involved. The modulation happens in the other plugin, not the SoundToys one. There is some relationship with the blue/green colors of the knob, but I'm not quite sure. Changing the order of the fx changes this relationship, but then reassigning the A/B in some way produces the modulation again.
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2p...ew?usp=sharing

If this only occurs with SoundToys plugins (I did test with two other of theirs- Little Radiator and Devil-Loc and it does happen, but changes different parameters), I'm happy to just avoid this situation. I tried a few other brand plugins and did not have this problem.

Thanks again!

Reaper 5.25 x64, Win7
Inspector 1.1pre7

heda 10-03-2016 05:48 AM

Thank you @ericzang
I feel much better now. Recovered today. but now I have one week of delayed things...
I've seen it is easy to fix that "Mouse Click in track view changes track selection" issue.
the other.. I don't know yet why it happens, but yes, I can confirm it seems fx soft compare is totally broken. better not to use it for now. Thanks!

heda 10-05-2016 05:03 AM

v1.1pre8 (2016-10-05)

Quote:

* v1.1pre8 (2016-10-05)
# fix: duplicate track version on a soloed track [&postcount=488]
# fix: work with "Mouse Click in track view changes track selection" [&postcount=491]
# fix: soft compare on different plugins issue affecting other parameters instead of wet parameter. [&postcount=491]
# fix: soft bypass compare also started by CTRL+right click.
# fix: soft bypass comparing turn off by CTRL+click on red knob independently of red knob position.
Update to fix recent reported bugs on the forum.
Disclaimer: No bugs were harmed in the making.
I just relocate the bugs to a new shelter and give them food.

soft bypass compare should be safe to use again. There was certainly a big bug there if the plugins were not the same. Thank you ericzang!

ericzang 10-05-2016 10:50 AM

Great work HeDa, thanks a lot! Confirmed bugs are gone (to outside where they belong).

Infrabass 10-05-2016 10:51 AM

Yes!
Nice job!
The pan mode are now correct! :-)

zookthespook 10-06-2016 03:16 AM

feel sheepish to ask .. but what would be a descent amount to donate to access VIP ?
regards
sameer

noise_construct 10-06-2016 04:51 AM

Have to say the script manager is also really nifty.

Thanks for the update!

G-Sun 10-06-2016 10:55 AM

One thing I often wish for is the ability to quick-link controls on same plugins on different tracks.
But maybe that's outside the scope for this TI.

ericzang 10-06-2016 11:16 AM

G-Sun, you know of this one?
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/24909/Link%...parameters.lua

G-Sun 10-06-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericzang (Post 1739410)

This one, right?
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=164796

heda 10-06-2016 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zookthespook (Post 1739221)
feel sheepish to ask .. but what would be a descent amount to donate to access VIP ?
regards
sameer

Thanks. It's a donation. Whatever you can or feel appropiate for what you use. It's explained in the donation page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Sun (Post 1739398)
One thing I often wish for is the ability to quick-link controls on same plugins on different tracks.
But maybe that's outside the scope for this TI.

yes. That x-Raym spk77 script is nice but you need to select tracks first. It would be nice to use Track Inspector FX groups to link parameters automatically. I'm thinking what would be the best way. Maybe also link only the the paramaters added to the parameters panel, instead of all parameters of the plugin.

G-Sun 10-07-2016 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heda (Post 1739585)
yes. That x-Raym spk77 script is nice but you need to select tracks first. It would be nice to use Track Inspector FX groups to link parameters automatically. I'm thinking what would be the best way. Maybe also link only the the paramaters added to the parameters panel, instead of all parameters of the plugin.

Cool :)
Personally spk77's script is pretty good,
for doing quick-linking.
Only thing missing is contiguous tweaking of the knobs,
and possibly
link parm for open plugins instead of selected tracks.

But of course, setting up a more permanent linking in TI FX groups could be awesome.
Cross-track-grouping and simple "add parm for all fx to panel (one knob)" would be super.

Yet, you'll have to judge what's inside scope of TI and to keep code simple and bug-free :)

noise_construct 10-12-2016 11:40 PM

Hmm, dpMeterII uses a lot of cpu all the time in background, even when playback is stopped.

G-Sun 10-13-2016 02:11 AM

Yes,
I know the lufs/dpmeter-stuff is sort of core to the TI,
yet, I'd like an option to not use/add it,
and just use peakmeeter and the other parts.

heda 10-13-2016 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Sun (Post 1742136)
I'd like an option to not use/add it,
and just use peakmeeter and the other parts.

that option was added in v1.1pre4
right click in the meters panel menu and uncheck "Show EBUR128". It will disable dpmeter and show the RMS meters where the loudness meter was.

G-Sun 10-13-2016 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heda (Post 1742163)
that option was added in v1.1pre4
right click in the meters panel menu and uncheck "Show EBUR128". It will disable dpmeter and show the RMS meters where the loudness meter was.

Sorry, my bad.
Yet the dpmeter-track is allways added, right?

heda 10-13-2016 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Sun (Post 1742165)
Sorry, my bad.
Yet the dpmeter-track is allways added, right?

yes. it is still needed for the RMS meter.
I guess it could be not created if not using any of the meters (RMS, waveform, EBUR128)
But the RMS, Loudness meter, with prefx, post fx meters options were part of the first main features of Track Inspector. So I don't know if it does make sense to remove it.

G-Sun 10-17-2016 06:16 AM

Track versions:
It would be nice to delete non-active versions.

Thanks!

G-Sun 10-18-2016 08:05 AM

What happened to RMB send vertical scroll track to focus?

G-Sun 10-18-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heda (Post 1742169)
yes. it is still needed for the RMS meter.
I guess it could be not created if not using any of the meters (RMS, waveform, EBUR128)
But the RMS, Loudness meter, with prefx, post fx meters options were part of the first main features of Track Inspector. So I don't know if it does make sense to remove it.

Ok. Well, personally I'd only use it if mastering, on master-track,
but I understand.

G-Sun 10-26-2016 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Sun (Post 1744462)
What happened to RMB send vertical scroll track to focus?

Ok, found the setting in globals :)

btw: time to renew subscription

G-Sun 11-01-2016 01:22 AM

I have some track notes
that I can't goto, select or delete.
Presume it's a track I have deleted.

Yes, confirmed.
Deleting a track, makes track notes stick.

heda 11-01-2016 05:07 AM

Thanks G-Sun.
Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I've been busy. Now I'm getting ready for travelling to USA. I'll be back in a week or two. :)

G-Sun 11-01-2016 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heda (Post 1750980)
Thanks G-Sun.
Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I've been busy. Now I'm getting ready for travelling to USA. I'll be back in a week or two. :)

No problem.
Enjoy your trip :)

G-Sun 11-01-2016 07:28 AM

And, btw,
haven't tested, but if I cut a region/ ripple edit,
how would that affect the markers?

G-Sun 11-04-2016 10:47 AM

Track notes, all
would like:

- Time and/or beat column
- Sort by track or time
- track column and/or track header

- Track1
-- Note1
-- Note4
- Track2
-- Note5
-- Note3

And: Option, on click, select track (now it's hard to know what track has the marker in question)

And, option, goto bar/beat/ms/pixels before marker.
Very handy when checking what the marker is about (listening)

G-Sun 11-09-2016 08:37 AM

Getting crash on changing track version here.

https://stash.reaper.fm/28814/Crash1.png

heda 11-20-2016 12:10 PM

Hellooo, just a quick note to let you know that I'm back. I'm here and I'll be posting an update soon :)

X-Raym 11-20-2016 12:58 PM

Cool ! Welcome back :P

heda 11-21-2016 10:24 AM

v1.1pre9 (2016-11-21)

Quote:

* v1.1pre9 (2016-11-21)
+ Auto Enlarge selected track toggle button. Right click to define height.
# fix: update position of all track notes, not only current track. [&postcount=515]
# fix: delete track notes from tracks that are deleted.
# option to ask for name when creating group too.
Hello everybody, pre9 update in the manager, with a new feature to auto enlarge selected track option. Right click in the toggle button to define the height of the enarged track. Previous height of the track is restored after you switch to another track, or deactivate the option.
https://i.imgur.com/p0V62xk.gif

G-Sun, there is also some fixes for some of the track notes problems. Now if you show all tracks notes, you can remove time, reorder regions etc.. all markers will be affected and updated correctly. Also, when you delete a track that has notes, the notes will be still there, but it is possible now to delete them from the "show all notes" panel (alt clicking them) without crashing. thanks!