Cockos Incorporated Forums

Cockos Incorporated Forums (https://forum.cockos.com/index.php)
-   REAPER General Discussion Forum (https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I'm having latency and hardware problems (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=101098)

Sweep 04-16-2012 04:48 AM

I'm having latency and hardware problems
 
I've been using Reaper for about two years with no problem, I've recently had hardware problems with my interface though. I downloaded the lepou amp/cab VSTs and decided to try them out. I'm using a Digitech RP250 as an interface. I turned off the amp, cab, FX, gate etc. on the Digitech to get a direct signal so I could test out the lepou plugins. When I had everything set up I couldn't hear anything until I enabled monitor input, which worked but gave me a very small delay with my signal. So, I went to preference > device > Configure RP250 settings, then I tried to adjust the latency. After that it just crashed and I can't seem to get the pedal to work at all, every time I select that as the device from the preference menu, it crashes. After that, I tried to run my guitar directly into my PC with a dual 1/8 cable with a 1/4 extension on one end. I got a signal but I still had a slight delay when I used the monitor input option with the lepou plugins. I'm getting a new interface soon but I wanted to know how to fix the latency when I select the monitor input option. Anyone have any ideas?

Cresta 04-16-2012 05:39 AM

it doesn't look to me as an hardware problem, more a software one (what about the driver of this RP250 -if any xD )
Directly connecting the guitar is not a good idea, as it's sound will be flat/poor.
Latency? it may sound obvious but... did you install ASIO drivers?

Sweep 04-16-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cresta (Post 944993)
it doesn't look to me as an hardware problem, more a software one (what about the driver of this RP250 -if any xD )
Directly connecting the guitar is not a good idea, as it's sound will be flat/poor.
Latency? it may sound obvious but... did you install ASIO drivers?

Also, I used the pedal on my friends PC with Reaper and it worked fine. When I run it on mine I get a error message that says "Error initializing ASIO buffer" then it crashes. I had the ASIO drivers installed, I uninstalled Reaper and the RP250 driver then reinstalled both. I still had the same problem.

I want to know how to fix the latency when using "monitor input" as well. That was the problem that caused all of this.

TimOBrien 04-16-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweep (Post 944976)
After that, I tried to run my guitar directly into my PC with a dual 1/8 cable with a 1/4 extension on one end. I got a signal but I still had a slight delay when I used the monitor input option with the lepou plugins.

That is the latency of your onboard soundcard.
You can try using asio4all with it to simulate asio and get lower latency,
ut the REAL answer is to get a real asio interface.

Sweep 04-16-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimOBrien (Post 945019)
That is the latency of your onboard soundcard.
You can try using asio4all with it to simulate asio and get lower latency,
ut the REAL answer is to get a real asio interface.

The soundcard is stock, lol. But could I play directly in and use asio4all? The RP250 was a real ASIO interface, when I was using it I still had latency problems when using the lepou plugins.

JHA 04-16-2012 07:52 AM

Do you have the latest Digitech ASIO driver? It says on Digitech download page RP250 should achieve ~5ms latency in WinXP with the latest drivers. That should be fine for guitar playing.

Sweep 04-16-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHA (Post 945037)
Do you have the latest Digitech ASIO driver? It says on Digitech download page RP250 should achieve ~5ms latency in WinXP with the latest drivers. That should be fine for guitar playing.

Yes, I turned off everything on the RP250 to get a direct signal so I could use the lepou plugins, when using the lepou plugins I can't hear anything unless I enable "monitor input" which gives me a small delay after I play something.

Also, after I tried using the Rp250 with lepou it crashed and I can't get the RP250 to work at all with Reaper.

TimOBrien 04-16-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweep (Post 945022)
The soundcard is stock, lol. But could I play directly in and use asio4all? The RP250 was a real ASIO interface, when I was using it I still had latency problems when using the lepou plugins.

Because you monitors/speakers are plugged into the onboard soundcard I'm betting???

If so its still the onboard latency....

Sweep 04-17-2012 06:19 AM

Well, I fixed the latency issue by using the asio4all driver. I just need to test it out with the RP250 to see if it works.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.