Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Copy envelopes when copying items Issue Tools
issueid=199 06-19-2009 03:52 PM
Human being with feelings
Copy envelopes when copying items
Allow the copying of envelopes associated with the item

It is quite imperative that this is implemented :)

One should simply be able to ctrl+drag an item to copy the item PLUS it's associated automation. Obviously no-one wants this as default ctrl+drag copy behaviour, so it should be achieved with another modifier-key, or perhaps a Options menu toggle.

Thx.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=31920

^ original thread
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Implemented
Priority 2
Affected Version 3.04
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 49
No votes 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-24-2009 04:22 PM

This also relates heavily to another behaviour missing from Reaper. This is the fact that the automation belonging to an item is not taken along to another track (if possible -> same plugin...).

An oversight no doubt. A data-copying problem, that's all, and thus probably fixable in less than good time.
06-25-2009 06:11 AM

Look at this issue, it could simplify that very nice Automations as clips inside the lanes

That would be even easier to code and manage envelopes for Reaper programmers than take care of all the points of the lane at once
06-25-2009 12:33 PM

agreed that automation clips will take care of this so should have priority.
06-25-2009 01:59 PM

I'm all up for automation clips just as long as we can still have the option to "copy automation even when hidden" when right clicking on the automation icon in the arrange.

That would be a big oversight if left out.
06-25-2009 03:56 PM

I think the way to do it is to set each automation item to belong either to an audio item or the track - if it belongs to the item it copies, moves etc if not not.
06-26-2009 03:01 AM

That could work but hopefully if we get "per item automation for that items fx" this would not be needed as much but this way is much easier to implement than per item fx automation. :)
07-02-2009 08:25 AM

I really hope this can be looked at for 3.06... please guys, it's driving some of us (more) mental.
07-03-2009 09:15 AM

The status now reads "coming soon"

exciting news indeed!!! ;)

you guys are amazing!!

I'm all emotional after all these years of being ignored as a democratic bunch of users on all the other programs.. finally!!

a real company with values, I can see Cockos destroying all these other companies soon.. I hope..
07-03-2009 11:52 AM

As soon as this feature is implemented, I give up Logic 8.
07-03-2009 11:54 AM

OMG! I'm so happy! Thanx ever so much JCS!

I'm so glad I took this to the tracker. Was gonna leave it to someone else... :D This thing works ;)

Thanx to those who originally suggested the FR and put the effort in with explanations and so.

I has a warm feeling now. Thanx Cockos :D

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue