Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Global Action Option Issue Tools
issueid=2230 03-23-2010 02:43 PM
Human being with feelings
Global Action Option
An Option to Make Action Assignments Application or Even System Pervasive

Discussion Thread:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...ht=scroll+zoom

The premise is simply that actions assigned to a key on the keyboard (or mouse) will always do what they are assigned to do by default and if we want them to have multiple functions based on window focus, we still can create additional assignments.

Key commands (actions) can currently be set up separately independently for many aspects of Reaper, but not all. What I request is that they be application global when first assigned, unless we choose to reassign them in additional places. This means that if I assign the space bar to transport:Play, it's going to do that no matter what window has focus, unless i manually assign it to a different function for that window.

Currently the FX Chain window breaks this because its actions are not assignable at all. Some other windows focus their search field immediately. So we lose control over what keys do whenever windows like that are active.

Even better, when assigning actions, there could be two options: Application Global, and System Global. Application global assigns will always work when Reaper is active, no matter where we are in Reaper. System Global assigns will work even if Reaper is not the Active application in the Operating System.

Mouse modifiers should also have these options.

This feature would enable any standard QWERTY keyboard to function like a dedicated MIDI controller.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Arcana
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.35
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 67
Users who would not use this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)