Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Piano Roll Track Management Options/Hotkeys Issue Tools
issueid=5573 05-04-2015 05:32 PM
Human being with feelings
Piano Roll Track Management Options/Hotkeys
Managing a large volume of tracks in one piano roll window is currently mouse-only and cumbersome.

This is my first post so go easy on me.

First of all, thank you for making Reaper awesome! I love this software, and I'm really looking forward to a notation view! (I would love to help with testing it as well)

I like to compose with large volumes of midi tracks in one piano roll. This is hard to use:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvje5cstfh...2014.26.47.png

1. Would be helpful to link the 'automatically arm for recording' function to the piano roll from the main window, so you don't have to go back to the main window to quickly audition midi channels. Selecting this button now effectively removes the automatic function from the main window as well, which becomes frustrating.

2. I know I could make a track folder to do this, but it would be nice to have a 'select all' box above each column, so I could easily select all tracks as visible, for instance. When there's 200 channels, it gets hard to scroll through 200 midi channels and change via mouse.

3. Say I want to have certain or all tracks locked as visible or editable. An locking option would be awesome.

4. Selecting the empty space below the channels in the piano roll actually unselects everything for some reason. That can be a real pain if you misclick, that's a very large button.

5. I used to use Sonar before switching, and you could hit A in the piano roll to enable all midi channels, and V to toggle on-off (or off-on) individually for all channels. Something like that would be helpful.

6. It would be nice to be able to remove track editability from the track you currently have targeted for note entry. The note entry target could switch to the nearest editable channel.

7. The 'track targeted for inserting events' icon is very hard to see since it's shown as a small icon that's the same color as the one next to it. I would recommend something larger that possibly involves the entire channel bar. I like to see clear info at a glance.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 4.78
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 2
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)