Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Completely Bypass track Issue Tools
issueid=4956 10-07-2013 10:59 PM
Human being with feelings
Completely Bypass track

It would be nice to have to completely bypass a track, which would not load any plugins/effects at project load nor any data associated with the track.

For example, If I have a sampler loaded with a large library but I'm through with the track and render it as a stem. I want to keep the track around if I need to make any changes in the future but I do not want it to in any way affect the project(essentially memory and cpu). If I could bypass the track, save the project, then next open reaper will essentially ignore the track.
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Stability
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 6
Affected Version 4.54
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 1
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-08-2013 06:59 AM

if you have "do not process muted tracks" enabled in options, this is (i believe) exactly what happens when you mute a track.

Even without that option checked, you can OFFLINE all the plugins on the track.
10-08-2013 10:57 AM

No, there is a difference. Muted tracks still load the plugin and it's data. If you have a plugin on a track that consumes 5GB, mute the track, save the project, reload the project, the project will use +5GB. If you could bypass the track, the same process would save 5GB.

There is a difference between "processing" and "loading".

With bypassing, if you unbypass a track then it must load everything up again. So it definitely could not be the same as mute, which is generally "instant".
10-08-2013 01:26 PM

You can put plugins to "sleep" mode (CTRL+ALT+LeftMouseClick on plugin checkbox).
10-08-2013 09:35 PM

Thanks, this is the effect I am talking about but I would like to do it to the whole track. All fx, automation, etc...
10-09-2013 03:15 AM

What happens if you hide the track in both tcp and mcp?
10-09-2013 11:20 AM

Hmm...what's wrong with freezing the track in question?
10-09-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder
Hmm...what's wrong with freezing the track in question?
Would freezing the tracks make it so that Reaper wouldn't load the VSTi or any of it's instruments and samples?
10-09-2013 01:26 PM

How about taking this to the forum?
10-10-2013 01:29 AM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Please post feature request in the corresponding forum first. This is the feature request tracker, a database for feature requests that were previously discussed and refined in a public discussion in the forum, then laid out and submitted to the tracker in a structure described here.

The tracker is not a discussion forum, and the minimum prerequisite for any FR is a working link to a discussion thread in the forum. Thanks!
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue