Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Loop recording - can't stop unwanted auto-splits when using 'Preserve PDC' Issue Tools
issueid=3142 12-16-2010 01:15 PM
Human being with feelings
Loop recording - can't stop unwanted auto-splits when using 'Preserve PDC'
Preference: 'In loop recording, discard incomplete first or last takes if at least one full loop was recorded' does not work when 'Preserve PDC delayed monitoring in recorded items' option is enabled

Prefs: 'In loop recording, discard incomplete first or last takes if at least one full loop was recorded'

This preference does not work when using the option 'Preserve PDC delayed monitoring in recorded items' (an option I have found to noticeably improve the timing accuracy of my recordings). According to Schwa, this option essentially pushes all of the recorded material to the right by the PDC amount, and the code that detects whether there was a full loop recorded does not take that into account, so it is a bug that the "discard partial take" setting does not work properly with "preserve PDC" set.

It has been suggested that if the PDC option only delayed the contents of the item, rather than the item itself, this clash of settings would be avoided, and the autosplits would not occur.

Very important to me, this one!
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Duplicate
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 3.73
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 2
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)