Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Crashes when I unfreeze NI Kontakt Issue Tools
issueid=4895 08-07-2013 10:16 PM
Human being with feelings
Crashes when I unfreeze NI Kontakt
Reaper crashes 50% of the time when I unfreeze a channel containing NI Kontakt

I am finding myself frustrated that very frequently when I try to unfreeze a channel containing Native Instruments Kontakt 5, the dialog box that typically appears while Kontakt loads (to show that the patches files are being loaded) is frozen. Reaper becomes unresponsive and then after a minute or so, it crashes. I reload reaper, and try again, and then it works. I can't understand why it seems to always take exactly two attempts to unfreeze a Kontakt channel. Strangely though, the same Kontakt patch will have no trouble loading under any other circumstances than if I try to unfreeze it.

For now I am going to try rendering stems for Kontakt channels, but I would prefer a better solution. Thanks for your time.
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Stability
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 4
Affected Version 4.402
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-08-2013 11:27 AM
Human being with feelings

I haven't tried freezing it, but I've had other problems with K5 where things slow way down and occasionally crash. Most of my problems went away when I selected "Save minimal undo states" in the "Compatibility settings" (the "+" just to the right of the Preset box). I might add I don't have the same problem with K4

Incidentally, you don't seem to have a discussion thread, It's best to have them before posting a bug.:)
08-08-2013 02:04 PM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Sorry for the trouble! Please post bugs/help requests in the appropriate forums first.

This is the issue tracker, a database for confirmable (and confirmed in a previous forum discussion) REAPER bugs following a structure laid out here:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=36653

This thread also contains information about how to retrieve the vital crash logs in case of crashes.

Alas we can't simply move things between the tracker and the forum. If you still have this issue, can you repost this in the forum for further investigation, please? Thanks!
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue