Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Elevated FR

Steps in volume faders Issue Tools
issueid=1242 09-23-2009 12:05 PM
Human being with feelings
Steps in volume faders

the volume faders in reaper can be as precise as 0.01db. very few people can hear this. also it's not very easy to set with the mouse the exactly value of the 3rd number, so it's not really useful.

this fr is for an option in preferences called "snap volume faders at"

options:
no snap
0.1db
0.5db
1.0db

this would make things easier to remember the values of all channels (i use to memorize them) and to set two or more faders to the same value.

thanks!

**EDIT**

this fr is about faders, but it would be also useful if applied to envelopes, item's volume, etc... everything that deals with dbs in reaper.
Issue Details
Issue Type Elevated FR
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Popular Request
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.11
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 165
Users who would not use this feature 13
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-30-2009 06:09 PM

Reaper has only one scale. How about three ? I've posted this shot before. The one on the right is the idea.

[img]http://img34.**************/img34/8555/faderscalingb.png[/img]

0.1dB steps are a good grid to stick to, no matter what height the fader area or envelope track is. Same mouse motion, same jump in value slots. These crooked inbetweener values just complicate matters.
10-01-2009 09:42 PM

a fader RANGE of -50 to +16 that i use for live sound, AND then using a 1.0 fader ratio/log value, gives just about 1 db up or down with scroll wheel. try it. i have had that set up for years...
03-03-2010 08:58 AM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

03-05-2010 07:17 PM

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue