Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Elevated FR

FR: single track MCP Issue Tools
issueid=378 06-28-2009 10:36 AM
Human being with feelings
FR: single track MCP

I like to see a MCP of selected track in principal view, this can be fast for editing and mixing

related thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=37429
Issue Details
Issue Type Elevated FR
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Popular Request
Priority 7
Suggested Version 3.04
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 93
Users who would not use this feature 11
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-30-2009 09:11 PM

it would be optional, in the preferences or in view menu a option with "show track MCP in tcp" or some like that
07-01-2009 03:20 AM

I like this idea but... I'd much rather see a full 'inspector' panel (cubase terminology?).

This includes a mixer view, but also includes all the little track parameters that are selected/hidden in menus and other sub-panels.

If this FR is an intermediate step to a full implementation, then I vote yes, it would be very useful.
07-01-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan
I like this idea but... I'd much rather see a full 'inspector' panel (cubase terminology?).

This includes a mixer view, but also includes all the little track parameters that are selected/hidden in menus and other sub-panels.

If this FR is an intermediate step to a full implementation, then I vote yes, it would be very useful.
that's sound great!, but I, personally, I settle with the mixer only
07-01-2009 10:12 PM

I voted yes for this. The track inspector was something I used every so often in SONAR when I had a few plugins covering the mixer and needed quick access without having to close or move the other windows first.

I would love to see it as a full mixer channel just as the OP has shown in the mockup. It should reflect everything that is visible on the mixer for that track. Of course, it should also be optional/customizable like everything else in REAPER :)
07-02-2009 03:32 AM

I'd like to see both options:
a) display MCP strip for track
b) display Track Inspector (contents to be decided)
07-02-2009 10:59 AM

I'm all for a track inspector. The suggested behavior is easy to achieve with a screenset.

Use an undocked mixer window for the MCP view and save your finished view as a Screen Set.
07-02-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon
Use an undocked mixer window for the MCP view and save your finished view as a Screen Set.
i'do that, but it show the master mixer and is uncomfortable to work
07-02-2009 01:01 PM

this could be an extremely good TCP space saver.

my tcp takes up half the horizontal space on my monitor just so i can see everything that's going on - i don't need much room to sequence with so this is ok to me...however...

an optional vertical MCP styled "Active track" view as in that mockup would allow me to shrink my tcp to just enough space to see the icon/other relevant data.

i do all my track function edits by "selected track" anyhow.
would be nice.
07-02-2009 04:06 PM

This can be done in reaper already, to a certain extent.

Here is the cliff notes version of what I do...

Save a screenset of your basic view (default).

Undock the mixer

Close the docker

In the mixer menu I select "scroll view when tracks activated", and show FX, Sends, and FX parameters (this setting will be saved with the screenset)

Move the master to the right side of the MCP (from the mixer menu) and move the master of the MCP off screen, so only one channel is visible (Doing this on the left side should work, but I have never tried it)

Size the mixer channel to taste

Save the screenset with the correct settings.

The one MCP channel strip on the Right side shows the track selected

Use ctrl+m to toggle the mixer and Alt+d for the docker
07-02-2009 06:15 PM

zappsunzorn, not work

the master is allways visible
07-03-2009 08:21 AM

Push the mixer window offscreen until you no longer see the master channel any longer. I've not tried this myself yet though.
07-06-2009 11:04 AM

airon, yes, but i can't use the vertical tcp scroolbar, and uncomfortable, but for now is "casi" good
07-18-2009 08:21 AM

One of the best ideas in "Feature Request"
08-18-2009 10:43 PM

i do some to that with screen sets

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue